hacking Dlp hlt6187s Motherboard bypass or fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hacking Dlp hlt6187s Motherboard bypass or fix

I have a dlp tv hlt6187s with a bad motherboard.

I noticed the DVI-D cable going to the DMD (display board) . From the motherboard, they are signals going to the DMD. Only 2 of these, SDA SCL, I2C signals. the rest are power signals.

Anyone knows the nature of these signals to trick the DMD board into displaying what's on the DVI cable?

in case someone has parts, The logic board I need is one of those:
    bp41 00309a
    BP94-02303A
    BP94-02303C

They are found in the following 7 tvs:
    Samsung HLT5087SX
    Samsung HLT5087SX/XAA
    Samsung HLT5687S
    Samsung HLT5687SX
    Samsung HLT5687SX/XAA
    Samsung HLT6187SX
    Samsung HLT6187SX/XAA

Thanks.

Re: hacking Dlp hlt6187s Motherboard bypass or fix

The DVI cable carries video information, I thought. It's a low cost and proven way of carrying such data.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

yeah, it's a DVI-D dual link . I'm wondering if the signal is the same as a pc's dvi. That's what I'd try knowing what the SDA and SCL are for between the DMD And input board

Comment

Perhaps try booting the board up, then plugging in PC input, or does the board never boot?
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Tried that already. I guess the logic board turns on the DMD power. So I can only try one more thing and that's switching the power to the DMD myself, and trying the input.

Still looking for a logic board
          BP41 00309A
          BP94-02303A or
          BP94-02303C
          Same board crossreferenced

Comment

Originally posted by veikra View Post
            Tried that already. I guess the logic board turns on the DMD power. So I can only try one more thing and that's switching the power to the DMD myself, and trying the input.

Still looking for a logic board
            BP41 00309A
            BP94-02303A or
            BP94-02303C
            Same board crossreferenced
            You've probably gotten the board by now or given up, but hopefully this will help someone with the same issue.

Not sure about the first two, but the BP94-02303C is definitely NOT an exact replacement. The BP94-02303C has a ribbon cable for video out instead of DVI. The BP94-02303C is used in the HL-Txx87SAX series, not the HL-Txx87SX. For some reason it's listed on all the parts sites as an exact replacement. The original part for the SX series is the BP96-01833A.

Mine died last week, so I'm also looking for one, on the slim chance that someone has one they're willing to part with. Ebay pickings are few and far between.

Comment

I bought the WRONG board. Im stuck with a C board and need a A or B

Comment

I bought the WRONG board. Im stuck with a C board and need a A or B
                Sell it on ebay!

I just picked up a BP94-02303A from ebay, $85 shipped, works like new.

Seller "stanman2242", he seems to get more every 2-4 weeks. Also picked up a used red LED from him for $35, didn't need it, but the red LED goes out often on these models. My next HLT related purchase will be a new DLP chip. With any luck I should get another 8-10 years out of my beloved TV.

Comment

I just put it on ebay if anyone wants it . Im in canada so exchange rate will be in the favor of US buyers

Comment

I just put it on ebay if anyone wants it . Im in canada so exchange rate will be in the favor of US buyers
                    Hi veikra,

I am looking for BP94-02303C main board for my TV HLT6187 SAX/XAA. Do you still have it? how much you are selling it? I am in Canada - ontario. please let me know. thanks

Comment

No, I sold it VERY quickly. I had to part with this tv because of the inavailability of the A and B boards.

Comment

Originally posted by gh1 View Post
                        Hi veikra,

I am looking for BP94-02303C main board for my TV HLT6187 SAX/XAA. Do you still have it? how much you are selling it? I am in Canada - ontario. please let me know. thanks
                        If you are still looking let me know.
                        Yes my house is full of samsung parts
                        Yes I live alone

Comment

My HLT6187s wont power on unless I apply heat with hair dryer then it quickly turns itself back off. Both the main psb and led psb have been replaced and does same thing. replaced the one 1000uf/35v cap on main board but still same thing. Im looking for a BP96-01833A board or a way to fix mine.

Comment

will the ribbon cable plug into the dmd board from the c board? I also have a HLT6187sx. There are more parts for HL61A750 & HL67A750. This model is almost identical to the HLT6187sx. HL only has one coax connection, fan for board, and ribbon cable to DMD. HLT has two coax connections, no fan on main board, and regular DVI cable going to DMD. HLT also has more components on main board but I think its just cause it has analog and HL is only Digital. The plug connections on main board are in different locations but I think the same otherwise. Im wondering if I order the c board if it would work if could get it connected to DMD?

Comment

If you have the HLT5087SX it uses a DVI type cable to DMD board.
                              The HLT5087SAX uses the flat ribbon cable.
                              Even though the SAX uses the ribbon cable it will not interchange with the HL61A750 & HL67A750 parts.
                              The HLT5089SX main board is interchangeable with the HLT5087SX board, the 89SX just
                              has some advanced features on menu.
                              I have a HLT5689SX (BP94-02308A) board.
                              Yes I live alone

Comment

I have the HLT6187sx and was hoping I could use the HL61A750 main board but noticed it has ribbon cable and I have DVI.

Comment

Originally posted by MEM1971 View Post
                                  I have the HLT6187sx and was hoping I could use the HL61A750 main board but noticed it has ribbon cable and I have DVI.
                                  Well, just to put an end once and for all to all the people wondering,
                                  I put together a HLTxx87/SAX light engine to see if a HL61A750
                                  main board would work with it The first problem is the location of the connector for the ribbon cable on the DMD board is on the left side of the
                                  HL61A750 and on the right side of the HLTxx87/SAX DMD.
                                  It is close to the DMD on the HLTxx87/SAX main board and farther away on the HL61A750.
                                  The end result is the cable is a good 5" too short.
                                  There is no "stock" ribbon cable long enough to work.
                                  I tested it on the bench and had to turn the main board around at a right angle so the cable worked and it worked fine.
                                  So to sum it up, yes it works but you would have to find a longer cable.

As far as the SX in no way would it ever work.
                                  The only substitute is the HLTxx89/SX main board BP94-02308A.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by stanman2242; 12-23-2015, 08:59 PM.
                                  Yes I live alone

Comment

Idk why Samsung made the numbers on theses models confusing. Which one is in the picture? Is HL61A750 closer to the HLT6187SX , which is what I have with no fan blowing on main board, or the HLT6187SAX? When I say confusing I know the main psb and led psb are the same. Sounds like you are saying the SAX models are different than SX. When I type in my model number searching in manual and only find the HL61A750. After reading this again it looks like the HL61A750 and the HLT6187SAX are the same main boards with ribbon cable. I have The HLT6187SX with DVI cable and main board number BP96-01833A which I can not find at reasonable price. I can buy the whole cage with mainboard and main psb out of a HL61A750 than just the main board but itself out of the HLT6187SX. IM sorry I may be the one confused but are you saying the SX models will work in the HL or only the SAX.

Comment

Originally posted by MEM1971 View Post
                                      Idk why Samsung made the numbers on theses models confusing. Which one is in the picture? Is HL61A750 closer to the HLT6187SX , which is what I have with no fan blowing on main board, or the HLT6187SAX? When I say confusing I know the main psb and led psb are the same. Sounds like you are saying the SAX models are different than SX. When I type in my model number searching in manual and only find the HL61A750. After reading this again it looks like the HL61A750 and the HLT6187SAX are the same main boards with ribbon cable. I have The HLT6187SX with DVI cable and main board number BP96-01833A which I can not find at reasonable price. I can buy the whole cage with mainboard and main psb out of a HL61A750 than just the main board but itself out of the HLT6187SX. IM sorry I may be the one confused but are you saying the SX models will work in the HL or only the SAX.
                                      What I have in the picture is a HLT5687/SAX light engine with a HL61A750
                                      main board.
                                      I just put it together to see if the basic signal from the main board work or
                                      if the picture would be a mess.
                                      The SX has the DVI type cable and in no way would work with the 750 stuff.
                                      How much were you trying to get a main board for?
                                      I do have the HLT5689SX main board which would work with your stuff.
                                      Yes I live alone

Comment

This is my HLT6187SX. Will the main board you have work in this one and how much do u want?
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by MEM1971; 12-24-2015, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X