Windows 10 benefits - Are there any?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 benefits - Are there any?

Hi, I want your opinions on something. Pretty much every review site and youtube channel is praising windows 10 for being revolutionary, amazing and what not. Is everyone high, or is there something wrong with me? Every single windows 10 installation that I've done and used for more than a few weeks has managed to "break" itself in a way. I mean they still boot, but are slow, choppy, the start menu takes like 10 minutes to open (not literally of course), the bult in apps like calculator and calendar display errors or close themselves, immediately after opening them. Worst case was when I got a "start menu and cortana can't start" loop after an automatic update... TWICE!
    At first I thought, maybe it's because I'm using it on all of these "old" core 2 duos and first gen i3 laptops. However, I tried it on a desktop system with an i5-2400 and 8gb of ram, but nope still the same shit. All of the built in apps, except onenote and one drive stopped working, when I log in, it feels as if I don't have a proper video driver, since everything is popping up in segments... choppy segments. And on top of that the clock disapears from the full screen picture that's displayed, when you send the PC in standby mode.
    Enough complaining, what do you guys think? Is it something on my end or is win10 just bad?
    P.S. That last i5 system is running with no AV.
    Last edited by reaper57; 11-18-2015, 02:50 AM.
    Keyboard not detected, press F1 to continue...

Re: Windows 10 benefits - Are there any?

win10 is very bad - satanic-bad.

Comment

Did you install the correct drivers ? Most of the nice features of 10 are available in 8/8.1 I'm not sure there is much new stuff in 10 apart from DirectX12.
      Windows 10 wasn't finished by it's release date, I'm not sure why some were quick to jump on it, seems to be the early adopters are beta testers. To me an OS is a stable platform from which to run the software i need.

Comment

i disagree, i think win10 was finished as soon as people found out what it did!

10 = the new Vista.

Comment

It's alright if you like being tracked and spied upon.

Comment

Originally posted by andycap View Post
            It's alright if you like being tracked and spied upon.
            That about covers it.....ohh and if you want to play solitaire, you now have to PAY microsoft... I won't even mention how they've removed user controlability.
            Originally posted by stj View Post
            10 = the new Vista.
            We said the same thing about win8/8.1 too.... Two consecutive turds from MS? That is not their usual pattern. Maybe next year we'll get windows 12 (of course they'll skip 11), which will be a rebadged windows 7...
            <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
            Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
            http://folding.stanford.edu/
            Team : 49813
            Join in!!
            Team Stats

Comment

It certainly has some issues but those are "static" I mean it's always the same wrongs...
              For me at least Win10 has been quite stable on the machines I've used it.
              At least on par with Win7
              "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Win 10 is not bad for me so far so good,the only thing i don't like and don't use is Edge or IE11 because both are crappy,compared to Chrome or Firefox are close to nothing.

Comment

You don't have to pay to use solitaire on Windows 10, and you are no more spied on than Apple does of it's users. The majority of users unless you configure browser addons and use a VPN are tracked across the web anyway.

Comment

I hate 10, my computer on 7 was great never a slow moment. Compared to now on 10 its glitchy slow and just laggy in general. Im going back to 7
                    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I have an Acer Aspire one in my shop which I put 10 on. I think I like it better that the original OS (Win 7), only in respect to the smooth scrolling. I cant stand that little popup scroll thing Win 7 had, and the touchpad on this is crap, so that probably has something to do with it. I don't use that laptop for anything other than an interface for my USB microscope, and occasionally to look up a datasheet. There is some bug which makes it freeze up on the screensaver occasionally and the only recourse is to forcibly reboot. One day I will probably just put Ubuntu on it and be done with it.
                      ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                        You don't have to pay to use solitaire on Windows 10, and you are no more spied on than Apple does of it's users.
                        Yes! They love us! Let's all embrace the "New Vista!" We'll be on the winning team, if we only get the "spy-job" special at JiffyLube!

The majority of users unless you configure browser addons and use a VPN are tracked across the web anyway.
                        Has nothing to do with spyware in the host system, never has. This is about shitware being disguised as an "OS," and asshole-soft-m$ (and others) not being able to understand "No!" If you can't make that distinction, you've got no place to say anything.

Your postulating that people "are tracked across the web anyway" in no way makes it right; stupid comments such as that one you just made simply give tech-control-freaks more ammo to use. Stupid childish attitudes, that lead to stupid childish comments posted on forums (including here) are picked up on; you're an idiot to think m$ and others don't pick up on that and use it to leverage their next level of "fuck the user."

Keep it up, those excuses and rationalizing. That attitude is why we're where we are now... It's Patty Hearst level stuff. Right up there with "staying legit" by "activating" m$ bullshit. Dumb, stupid-sheeple users, who are somehow "afraid" of "being bad" using a VLK copy of XP Pro, have a non-issue issue over a non-problem, yet go out of their way to "beg permission" to be shat upon by the shit-ware they just paid for!

Didn't I say something about Stockholm syndrome?
                        "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
                        Originally posted by shango066
                        All style and no substance.
                        Originally posted by smashstuff30
                        guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
                        guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Originally posted by lookimback View Post
                          I have an Acer Aspire one in my shop which I put 10 on. I think I like it better that the original OS (Win 7), only in respect to the smooth scrolling. I cant stand that little popup scroll thing Win 7 had, and the touchpad on this is crap, so that probably has something to do with it. I don't use that laptop for anything other than an interface for my USB microscope, and occasionally to look up a datasheet.
                          Last I checked, the computer was a tool for the user to use- imagine that, a revolutionary concept. Enjoy your two-way mirror.

Expect those datasheets and anything else with "suspicious" filenames (y'know, "copywrong") to vanish after they're checked with the m$ mother$hip databa$e. I hope you realize this was to be implemented in shitsta, but was supposedly unfeasable at the time- something about those netbursts slowing down too much while "indexing service" (my ass) scanned everything and gave you the "windows genuine advantage."

Originally posted by lookimback View Post
                          There is some bug which makes it freeze up on the screensaver occasionally and the only recourse is to forcibly reboot. One day I will probably just put Ubuntu on it and be done with it.
                          What, where? The whole fucking excuse of an OS???

Ubuntu sucks. Smash that shit or do a clean install of 7 pro/ultimate; then turn all the "cutesie" desktop features off.
                          "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
                          Originally posted by shango066
                          All style and no substance.
                          Originally posted by smashstuff30
                          guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
                          guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                            I hate 10, my computer on 7 was great never a slow moment. Compared to now on 10 its glitchy slow and just laggy in general. Im going back to 7
                            Windows 7, after the beta, seemed slow to me! At least back in 2010.....

7 likes to randomly hang too.....
                            (Sometimes, when logging in, for no good reason, it hangs at a screen with message "Please wait" or a similar screen.)
                            Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 11-18-2015, 03:31 PM.
                            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by kaboom View Post
                              Yes! They love us! Let's all embrace the "New Vista!" We'll be on the winning team, if we only get the "spy-job" special at JiffyLube!

Has nothing to do with spyware in the host system, never has. This is about shitware being disguised as an "OS," and asshole-soft-m$ (and others) not being able to understand "No!" If you can't make that distinction, you've got no place to say anything.

Your postulating that people "are tracked across the web anyway" in no way makes it right; stupid comments such as that one you just made simply give tech-control-freaks more ammo to use. Stupid childish attitudes, that lead to stupid childish comments posted on forums (including here) are picked up on; you're an idiot to think m$ and others don't pick up on that and use it to leverage their next level of "fuck the user."

Keep it up, those excuses and rationalizing. That attitude is why we're where we are now... It's Patty Hearst level stuff. Right up there with "staying legit" by "activating" m$ bullshit. Dumb, stupid-sheeple users, who are somehow "afraid" of "being bad" using a VLK copy of XP Pro, have a non-issue issue over a non-problem, yet go out of their way to "beg permission" to be shat upon by the shit-ware they just paid for!

Didn't I say something about Stockholm syndrome?
                              If your hate for Windows 10 comes from the lack of privacy, I ask how serious you are about yours, do you block trackers and use a VPN or is it just an outlet to rant on about. How is it stupid to question real privacy when other companies do exactly the same and some far more secretly.

It's clear Microsoft has lost it's way a little and are trying to emulate the success of other companies. Nobody is forced to use Windows 10 and i believe their monitoring is covered in their EULA.

Comment

Next year this will happen. What do you think about that.

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...8-pc-computers
                                http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg305.pdf

Comment

You don't have to pay to use solitaire on Windows 10, and you are no more spied on than Apple does of it's users. The majority of users unless you configure browser addons and use a VPN are tracked across the web anyway.
                                  Yes they do:
                                  http://www.pcworld.com/article/29531...indows-10.html

...and any kind of PC level spying by the OS (whether the reason is malicious or for advertising) is disgraceful and inexcusable. Apple is a disgrace. I have no apple products, and never will.
                                  <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                                  Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                                  http://folding.stanford.edu/
                                  Team : 49813
                                  Join in!!
                                  Team Stats

Comment

Better than Windows 8.0 or vanilla 8.1, trumped easily by modded 8.1 (Classic Shell + ModernMix+a handful of settings tweaks) or 7. Or XP/2000/98SE/95.

(or if you're me, also Arch linux :P )
                                    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                                      Yes they do:

...and any kind of PC level spying by the OS (whether the reason is malicious or for advertising) is disgraceful and inexcusable. Apple is a disgrace. I have no apple products, and never will.
                                      Imac G5's ? /Busted
                                      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                                        Yes they do:

Paying removes the nag screen, but not paying doesn't stop you playing. Just like the majority of free games on Android or IOS.
                                        http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming...ows-10-1300794

Nobody is forcing anyone to use the products or companies that monitor/profile and collect data on the users. It's consumer choice, Microsoft just joined all the others that do the same. A dick move for sure for those that are concerned about privacy, but those that really are concerned about being monitored need to think a little more than just their OS doing the dirty on them, when most users are tracked as they browse across the internet.
                                        (It's only those that take steps not to be that aren't)

Comment

Working...
                                        X