Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chinese low ESR electrolytic capacitors that are decent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinese low ESR electrolytic capacitors that are decent?

Hi. We all know that Japanese caps are the best. But they are not aveliable (not counting fakes) on Aliexpress/eBay.
    Is there a list of Chinese electrolytic capacitors that are decent? I am mostly intereasted in low ESR ones.

P.S. I wanted to ask this in more detail in a new topic, but I can not open one.

Re: The GOOD Capacitors Thread!!

Originally posted by PanicMechanic View Post
    Hi. We all know that Japanese caps are the best. But they are not aveliable (not counting fakes) on Aliexpress/eBay.
    Is there a list of Chinese electrolytic capacitors that are decent? I am mostly intereasted in low ESR ones.

P.S. I wanted to ask this in more detail in a new topic, but I can not open one.
    Yes, there are a few decent electrolytic capacitors from china.
    I think ones like Teapo SC/SEK are good and OST RLS is not bad.
    But if you get them from Aliexpress/eBay then chances are you will be getting some fakes, yep fakes.
    I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

Originally posted by ruky con View Post
      Yes, there are a few decent electrolytic capacitors from china.
      I think ones like Teapo SC/SEK are good and OST RLS is not bad.
      But if you get them from Aliexpress/eBay then chances are you will be getting some fakes, yep fakes.
      Thanks. I have seen OST caps. They are more expensive than counterfeit Nippon Chemi-Con sold there. I assume that if they cost more, that they are genuine.

Do you happen to know some more?

Comment

Thanks. I have seen OST caps. They are more expensive than counterfeit Nippon Chemi-Con sold there. I assume that if they cost more, that they are genuine.

Do you happen to know some more?
        Not really, i've seen some power supplys use jamicon TK but i don't really trust jamicon capacitors to last a long time.

Also, i think you're better off getting capacitors from digikey/mouser because they are not as likely to be fakes.
        Last edited by RukyCon; 05-15-2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Not really, i've seen some power supplys use jamicon TK but i don't really trust jamicon capacitors to last a long time.

Also, i think you're better off getting capacitors from digi-key/mouser because they are not as likely to be fakes.
          I am looking for some middle-tier caps. For repair use (not professional, for my use and for friends), not for design and manufacture.

Digi-Key/Farnell/Mauser etc, is out of the question, because I would need to order it via some third party (company), that will charge me 10%, then I would need to pay 10% customs fee, 20% taxes and couple of $ local shipping charge. With Aliexpress/eBay, I have none of that.
          Last edited by PanicMechanic; 05-15-2017, 01:38 PM.

Comment

With Aliexpress/eBay, I have none of that.
            There is also the added benefit that it's a possibility of ~99.8% that the caps are counterfeit.
            So are you feeling lucky?

This site sells caps:
            https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=master_list

As does the member Behemot
            Last edited by Per Hansson; 05-15-2017, 01:42 PM.
            "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
              There is also the added benefit that it's a possibility of ~99.8% that the caps are counterfeit.
              So are you feeling lucky?
              I did bring up that the capacitors are likely to be fake.

Comment

You guys thnk that everything sold there is fake. That is not the case. Chinese sellers have acces to genuine Chinese capacitors, that can be bought from factory at very very very low prices. There is not much of a market for counterfeit Chinese caps.

$14.50 Internationall shipping for this site. Well, I have just bought a clamp meter for that amount of money from Aliexpress, and the shipping was free. That is a lot of money just for shipping. That is why I prefer Aliexpress, or at least eBay.

Anyway, the question is not where to buy caps from, but what brands of Chinese caps are not bad.

Comment

Just saying because i never had any good experience with eBay capacitors.

Comment

Is TK a good capacitor brand?

Comment

You guys thnk that everything sold there is fake. That is not the case. Chinese sellers have acces to genuine Chinese capacitors, that can be bought from factory at very very very low prices. There is not much of a market for counterfeit Chinese caps.

$14.50 Internationall shipping for this site. Well, I have just bought a clamp meter for that amount of money from Aliexpress, and the shipping was free. That is a lot of money just for shipping. That is why I prefer Aliexpress, or at least eBay.

Anyway, the question is not where to buy caps from, but what brands of Chinese caps are not bad.
                      Dude, you're in Serbia, not in some 5th world country.
                      You should be able to order capacitors from reputable distributors like Farnell.com or TME.eu and have them in a few days, not waste weeks waiting for them.

If those stores won't ship to you, I could act like a middle man for you (order using my account and mail them to you), as long as your orders are of some reasonable quantity (let's say at least 20-30 $/euro orders, not for 2-3 capacitors ... i hate dealing with post offices so i'm not going to waste my time for 2-3$ orders)

Ruky con : TK ... not so good, but better than no name chinese stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
                        TK ... not so good, but better than no name chinese stuff.
                        Okay, i was just curious because i found some that say JAPAN on them and the rubber plug on the bottom looks just like the one panasonic uses.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Dude, you're in Serbia, not in some 5th world country.
                          You should be able to order capacitors from reputable distributors like Farnell.com or TME.eu and have them in a few days, not waste weeks waiting for them.

If those stores won't ship to you, I could act like a middle man for you (order using my account and mail them to you), as long as your orders are of some reasonable quantity (let's say at least 20-30 $/euro orders, not for 2-3 capacitors ... i hate dealing with post offices so i'm not going to waste my time for 2-3$ orders)
                          I did order capacitors from Farnell, few years ago, when I needed them. And I paid an arm and a leg (caps * 10% profit * 10 % customs fee * 18% taxes + 2$ local shipping). I am not doing that again, unless I am designing something and I need the best quality caps (and other components).

I only need some middle tier caps, for repairs. If they last 2-3 year, it is fine, I will replace them again. I don't need them to last 10-20 years.

Locally, I can buy mostly CapXon and Jamicon. And sometimes Rubycon, but I don't know if they are genuine.

Comment

Check TME.eu then, they stock some brands that Farnell doesn't which are still better than random Chinese brands or potentially fake capacitors... they stock brands like Samxon, Samwha, Aishi, Elite .. even Jamicon would be ok for general purpose or non-switching power supplies.

It's about distribution chain, with one of these stores there's a much higher chance you'll get genuine parts and not fakes, and if you buy in quantity you should get OK prices.

Comment

Please, that is not what I am asking for. I am not asking where to buy.

Anyway, 20 Euros just for shipping from TME. Than freightage cost, customs fee, taxes. No, I am not paying 50 Euros for a single capacitor, thank you.

Comment

It costs me 17 RON in shipping (~ 4 EURO) from TME.eu for pretty much any size package, directly to my door through some courier. Farnell's shipping is about 20 RON (again, one charge for any size package).

No customs and taxes other than VAT since I'm in EU (and VAT if you have a company shouldn't be a problem, you'd pass it on to customers i think)

There's also RS-Components ... i tend not to use them because to Romania, they send packages to a local distributor in Bucharest (the capital of my country, and i'm almost at the other end of the country) which then adds some fliers and promo magazines to my package and resends it to me through some courier.. it's still cheap shipping, about 5 euro, still done through couriers straight to my door, but it's a one day extra delay shipping time due to this re-shipping thing the local distributor does.

I don't know how you can complain about prices, if you buy volume (let's say 100pcs of something) the prices are quite good.

Comment

Re: Chinese low ESR electrolytic capacitors that are decent?

I moved the relevant posts from "The GOOD Capacitors Thread" to this new thread.
                                  FYI new members needs one post before they can create a thread, as the welcome PM mentions

As for cheap source for caps did you contant Behemot if you think the shipping from this site is too much?
                                  Last edited by Per Hansson; 05-20-2017, 09:54 AM.
                                  "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

It costs me 17 RON in shipping (~ 4 EURO) from TME.eu for pretty much any size package, directly to my door through some courier. Farnell's shipping is about 20 RON (again, one charge for any size package).

No customs and taxes other than VAT since I'm in EU (and VAT if you have a company shouldn't be a problem, you'd pass it on to customers i think)

There's also RS-Components ... i tend not to use them because to Romania, they send packages to a local distributor in Bucharest (the capital of my country, and i'm almost at the other end of the country) which then adds some fliers and promo magazines to my package and resends it to me through some courier.. it's still cheap shipping, about 5 euro, still done through couriers straight to my door, but it's a one day extra delay shipping time due to this re-shipping thing the local distributor does.

I don't know how you can complain about prices, if you buy volume (let's say 100pcs of something) the prices are quite good.
                                    I can complain, because I don't need 100 capacitors, I maybe need 20. And maybe I need 2. So, I am not paying 50 Euros for 2 caps, neither am I paying 100+ Euros for 100 capacitors, that I don't need.

My country is completely different, so it has nothing to do with how the things are in your country.

I really can not understand how can somebody have such need to push his ways onto others, even though it is not even asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
                                      I moved the relevant posts from "The GOOD Capacitors Thread" to this new thread.
                                      FYI new members needs one post before they can create a thread, as the welcome PM mentions

As for cheap source for caps did you contant Behemot if you think the shipping from this site is too much?
                                      Thanks.

Yeah, I have posted 1 message in Welcome topic, and tried to open this topic but could not do it.

Again, I am only interested in brands of capacitors, not the distributors and sellers.

Comment

The reason was i was so "pushy" according to you (i don't believe i was) is because i have some minimum amount of pride in what I do and the quality of my repair jobs.

I believe in repairing something with components I trust and I give warranty for my repairs.

I couldn't trust some capacitors from aliexpress or eBay because even brands like Teapo or Samwha or Elite are often faked (it's easy to print sleeves) .. a lot of people search for Samwha or Elite for example because these often fail in monitors, and lots of people assume they must replace with the exact same manufacturer and series, so they actively search for such brands, and that's how you get people buying cheap capacitors like chengx or whatever and re-sleeve them to have other brands on them.

I was suggesting stores because then you know the parts are genuine. Even then, fakes can still go into the distribution chain (for example Farnell sold fake FTDI usb to serial chips at one time).

Yeah, I am aware that some people on Aliexpress or whatever will sell you genuine Chinese parts but unless you have a good working relationship, some "track record", you can't be sure they're genuine or not.

The guy you use could very well be out of stock one day for some particular capacitance/voltage combination and instead of waiting 2-3 days for parts to come from factory, he could very well just go out in his local market and buy the part from there to complete your order and ship it to you.

And as for costs, other than shipping cost, you really shouldn't complain. You should pay customs taxes for packages you receive from China as well, same costs you'd have if you'd buy from other stores in EU ... the EU stores would just have higher prices - if you're relying on Chinese shippers to lie on the package details about the costs of capacitors or mark the items as "toys" or something else, you're doing it wrong.

And the "i don't need 100 , i only need 20" ... capacitors can last in stock for 1-2 years if they're kept in a cool dry place.. if you won't use more than 20 capacitors of some value within a few months then you're probably just a weekend repair guy, not at some companies doing repairs daily.

Comment

Working...
                                        X