Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CP1500EPFCLCD - failure

Hi all,

I have a Cyberpower CP1500EPFCLCD which is failing on battery test (power cord detached). There are no errors on LCD screen, no issues reported on PowerPanel software. Not sure if this is linked or not but I suspect that this behavior came after a thunderstorm although the UPS was connected to another AVR.
    I have checked most of the components (no sign of burned components, capacitors looks good), mosfet checked, relays checked and working, batteries are ok but still not switching to invert the 24v DC to 220 AC.

Any help or schematic (even better) is highly appreciated.

Re: CP1500EPFCLCD - failure

Shows some pictures of the front and back of the boards so we can see what you are dealing with
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Hi,

I hope these pictures are ok.

Thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

The first thing I would do is replace the viper ic chip right in front of transformer and the low UF capacitors that are near this chip

I would also highly recommend that you use a incandescent light bulb instead of the fuse is just in case there is still something else wrong with this switching power supply
        9 PC LCD Monitor
        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
        1 Dell Mother Board
        15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

i take it you tested the fuses ?

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
            The first thing I would do is replace the viper ic chip right in front of transformer and the low UF capacitors that are near this chip

I would also highly recommend that you use a incandescent light bulb instead of the fuse is just in case there is still something else wrong with this switching power supply
            Hi, I have just replaced Viper and all UF capacitors. The battery is charging, fuses are all ok, but I cannot make the UPS to switch from line to battery (test, unplug). I'll try to use the "bulb" method to see if there is something else.

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
              i take it you tested the fuses ?
              all fuses are ok.

Comment

I would check the devices that the battery terminals are attached to the heat sinks use a 1156 light bulb or a MR16 light bulb 50 watt one on the battery terminal while testing the battery circuit

Google the part numbers that are those two parts are mounted on the heat sinks please post the part numbers and or post the pictures of them
                Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 04-14-2021, 05:47 AM.
                9 PC LCD Monitor
                6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                1 Dell Mother Board
                15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

I would check the devices that the battery terminals are attached to the heat sinks use a 1156 light bulb or a MR16 light bulb 50 watt one on the battery terminal while testing the battery circuit

Google the part numbers that are those two parts are mounted on the heat sinks please post the part numbers and or post the pictures of them
                  Hi, I got the point but since the batteries are providing 24v I'll check with something similar but at 24 v.

Comment

Sorry, I do not understand this part. You mean the light bulbs or the mosfets?

Comment

If they are mosfet on the heat sinks then you would want to test them to make sure that are working the incandescent light bulb is in series with the battery just in case something goes terrible wrong with the circuit

For the battery power not to power the inverter is what seems to be likely your problem now so you need to figure out is it the mosfets or is it what is controlling the mosfets is where the issue is
                      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 04-14-2021, 11:09 AM.
                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                      1 Dell Mother Board
                      15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

If they are mosfet on the heat sinks then you would want to test them to make sure that are working the incandescent light bulb is in series with the battery just in case something goes terrible wrong with the circuit

For the battery power not to power the inverter is what seems to be likely your problem now so you need to figure out is it the mosfets or is it what is controlling the mosfets is where the issue is
                        Right. I have already checked all Mosfets and they are fine but I have decided to replace all of them and now I'm looking for what I consider being the controller: MC34063AL.

Comment

Did you ever find the solution? I am having the same issue where it will not switch to battery no matter what.

Comment

First I would checked is, what happend with current from battery, is drawn any current at all or some pulses... first use a DMM to see if it safe, and then device with needles, to see fast response, so you can trace.
                            Second check the enable pin state on chip ic invertor, is it ok. Is the voltage from batt present on mosfet, and the gate receive signal?

But maybe in this like scenario, for everything with uC, the manufacturer can programable the "feature" which sais: it is time to buy new, repair is too expensive, sad.

Comment

2015=Been around for a good while, but I don't consider it that old yet.
                              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
                              X