Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ENERMAX Liberty ELT500AWT

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
    I took some too, but I have run out of everything. I'd take from this guy if he could provide some reasonable price for say 100 pcs/16 V and 130 pcs/10 V.

Usually it works fine with bigger cap before and smaller after, but there definitelly should be some capacitance on both sides of the coil…

I personally have no problem with China, most of interesting stuff comes from there anyway They make everything there so they can sometimes get it and sell individually for good money

Actually, the more I look at this board, I think I can just go with a fatter cap, if I raise it up. I seem to have 50mm of clearance and then some before it hits the fan. I would of course shift it over to where the wiring is and insulate the leads with heatshrink so it doesn't come in contact with coils surrounding it.

SO what would I need panny FR? I would like to use Nichi HE because of how cheap they are on digi key.
    Last edited by Mad_Professor; 12-31-2012, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Do you know what diameter of shrink tube are suitable for cap leads?
      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Digi-key states mounting holes distance for caps, have a look
        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
        Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Ah, you're going to use one piece of wide heatshrink for both leads? I was refering to the individual leads, as I have seen it on other caps... Reason I ask is I want to order an assortment of shrink tube but I'm not sure exacty which diameters are commonly used for various applications. Up till now I have been "bodging" with the black tape.
          "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

I think the wire is less than 1 mm so something under 2 mm should be fine. Can't say exactly, I have only plastic caliper which is useless for such small things
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

The leads of most capacitors are up to about 1-1.5mm in diameter (I see for example in a datasheet 0.05" which I think is 1.27mm)

You should be fine with some heatshrink tube with the internal diameter up to about 3-4 mm. May need larger if you want to use it for example on power supply wires diameters.

What to buy... it all depends on the shrink ratio, most are 2:1 or 3:1 ...if the capacitor has leads that are 1.25mm (0.05") and you buy 2.5mm tube with a 2:1 ratio, there may still be some room between tube and leads.
              If it's 3:1 ratio, the tube will be really shrinked around the lead

When I last ordered tube for me, I bought these two because I was too lazy to do the math and get the perfect fit:

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/pro...sp?SKU=1190979

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/pro...sp?SKU=1190935

The black one is too thin for atx psu cables but just right for capacitor leads.. after shrinking you'd still be able to pull it off the leads, but otherwise it stays in place.

The green one is quite large even for power supply wires but when shrunk it's quite ok for wires.

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                I'm glad I bought some quantity from him back then. You're right, $2 a piece after shipping from this guy, but 4 is more than eough for this PSU.
                I am idiot. I jsut realized it was 0,6 EUROcents Capking has Samxons for 0,9 USD, that's not bad actually but I need some for 16 V too, he has for 10 V only.

Comment

Try to get 10mm Teapo SC instead... I rarely see the larger value ones bloat though admittedly I haven't the means to actually test them. I have FSP PSUs out in the field with them that are still alive and kicking after many years.

Comment

Teapo…how can you even say that? U on BAD_CAPS here

Comment

I have seen enough Teapo fail to consider them mediocre, at best. I would not use them for a re-cap, but would probably keep existing Teapos.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

You are getting weak guys I change them on sight…

Comment

^
                          +1
                          So do I
                          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Just had a chat on Digi-Key. They didn't helped me much, but…well, if I will succeed in getting part number for any of the caps I want, I may get them order it from manufacturer

So, here is the deal. I don't know as you, but I would be interested in 3300 uF 10 V/16 V D10 caaps of these lines: NCC KY, Panasonic FC, Nichicon HE or Rubycon YXG/YXH. I will try to contact the manufacturers directly and get some infos from them…

Comment

If you're interested, I can mail you some NCC KZE 3300uF/16v (12.5x35) ...

I should still have about 20 pcs in my box of parts from my last Digikey order. That would be about 3-4 months ago, but I keep all my capacitors in sealed plastic bags, in a box, normal temperature and all that, so no need to worry about their condition.

1.15$ a piece, about 3$ in postage and packaging.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...1670-ND/756186

http://uk.farnell.com/united-chemi-c...16v/dp/1688903

I also had some Panasonic FM but last time I only ordered about 10 pcs so now I should have about 4-5 pcs left, and the price I bought them at sucks, about $1.5 each.

Anyway, with both of these you have to pay attention at the diameter (they're 12.5 in diameter, some if not most power supplies only reserve 10mm in diameter for these capacitors)

Comment

I think I have clearly stated I want D10, right

There is plenty of D12,5 caps everywhere, but D10, thats the deal

Comment

Oh, I didn't notice that D10 there, and I was also confused a bit because KY is also only 12.5mm.

I feel your pain about too few capacitors in D10 form at such high capacity values.

Comment

I wonder if UCC would do a custom KZx or KY series production run of these caps in 10mm...

Otherwise, there is no other series with these caps other than Teapo SC in 10mm.

Comment

I'm thinking of getting this to replace the 16v caps, then ordering the RS from topcat.
                                      http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...1536-ND/589277
                                      It's a tad bit fatter, but if I raise it up and throw some heat-shrink on it, I think it will be ok.

I also got a FSP psu with 16v capxon KF D10 H35 cap. It's a bit more forgiving on space though, so I shouldn't have a problem fitting it in there.
                                      Last edited by Mad_Professor; 01-02-2013, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Sorry to polute this further, but when we started As for 6,3V D10 caps, I have just been informed through one of NCC's distributors there are new very nice lines on market, the KYA and LZA. Both have 3300 uF/6,3 V caps in D10x25 mm casing!! More or less same specs as Samxon RS while the KYA having even better lifetime.

I will try to push through somebody to have them made in D10x30 (or even D10x35 is fine I think) for 16 V

Comment

Panny FK also has a 6.3V 3300uF (and 16V 2200uF) in 10mm dia. I often use them on 5v and 3.3v rails where I can't squeeze a 12.5mm cap in.
                                          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Working...
                                          X