ENERMAX Liberty ELT500AWT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ENERMAX Liberty ELT500AWT

Yeah, could be, I asked Panasonic for PN of possible 3300 uF/16 V D10 too. I think the NCCs win it for me, at least 6,3 V wise.

I just asked at Digi-Key whether they can get some quotes for those 6,3V versions…
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

I've been using the 10mm 16V 2200uF and 6.3V 3300uF Panasonic FK for a while now.

UCC also has these, but they're custom sizes and I've never seen them for sale through any trusted distributor.

The Panasonic FK are stocked in the UK warehouse, and the US warehouse gets a small quantity shipped every few months, so I don't have to pay anything extra for them which is nice.

Those two new series KYA and LZA are unremarkable. FK is better rated than both of them.
      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

I have been using 3300 uF everywhere and often 2200 uF is not enough.

That's why I am trying to find the PN and get some distributor order them I don't see why the manufacturer would make them for PSU makers and not for distributor?
        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

16v 3300uF - I don't think there were any custom 10mm sizes ever made from any of the Jap manufacturers... What you should do is bug Digikey (Because Digikey seems to carry the most UCC stock) for a custom size KZH series for that cap.
          "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

I asked for the NCC KYA and Pan FK.

Joe had them supposedly made as Samxon RS. Now this is not Jap company, but I'd dare to say one of the -very- few non-japan quality makers.

I am sure others exist as well. I can't tell where but I am sure I have seen some 3300uF cap even from quality maker in some PSUs. If you'll happen to know such PSU and get pics, I can show them they're lying and such caps exist from them and we have pics

Comment

Why do you say supposedly for the RS? I've ordered these before from Joe and in fact I'm using them right now in my PSU.

Why not just pay the $8 for these:
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/120957531897

Comment

Cause he said he had them on special order. Who knows but him? Maybe Man Yue sold 95000 of them to some company and he took 5000?

That guy got only like 30 pcs left, that won't save me for more than a couple weeks, not mentioning the price would be insane per piece.

Comment

But I thought you only needed 2 pieces for this PSU?
                  Only other manufacturer besides Teapo (I think the Teapo SC is pretty reliable at the higher values) is PCE TUL series:

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                    But I thought you only needed 2 pieces for this PSU?
                    Do I seem like Mad Professor? I am just parasiting on his thread
                    Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                    Only other manufacturer besides Teapo (I think the Teapo SC is pretty reliable at the higher values) is PCE TUL series:

These are bad caps as well as Teapo (just recently used some of my RS to replace bloated TULs, TURs or whatever). Any other crap manufacturer seems to be making something in this can with this capacity, but it is obviously not what we want

Comment

SO I seem to have made an error, I have two different series, KM and FM caps. Since I have the KM datasheet now I need FM datasheet and no not panny sheets, I need the CTC one, or if someone knows off hand what I should replace FM caps with?

Any one know if I can use UCC LZA caps for the 3300 16v caps which uses a KM and FM cap before and after the pi coil.

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DKSea...160ELL332MK25S

Comment

That LZA ripple/ESR seems to be OK, but that diameter
                        Attached Files

Comment

You can find all Panasonic datasheets (and other manufacturers/brands) here:

ftp://helpedia.com/pub/temp/datashee...ors/Panasonic/

It's long overdue for some organizing at that url, but it should do for now. Working on getting updated catalogues for everything there, but doing it in my free time. Copy it all if you want, they're not secret or anything like that.

LZA seems acceptable for a power supply, what seems to be lacking is high ripple capability.. only 2350mA compared to 3500+ at FM/FR series or other manufacturers. But they're also smaller, at only 25mm or so in height, compared to 35mm for Panasonic.

I'm not sure how much this lower ripple capability is a factor in selecting the capacitor, if the power supply is well designed it the capacitor may never see this much ripple.

Comment

Samxon RS have similar ESR and I find them pretty much suitabe into every PSU, hardly ever made problems for me. On the other side, there are documented cases of caps with slightly lower ESR than of FM/FR making supply oscillate. For that reason and in regards of „better safe than sorry“, I never use them personally…

Comment

either I can't seem to write in a way that people can understand me or people around me just don't read or are just fucking stupid.

CTC FM series cap.

*RAGE!*

FUCK IT! PANNY FR's ARE GOING THE FUCK IN! IF I HAVE TO RUN WIRE TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BOARD, SOLDER AND HEAT SHRINK THAT BITCH TO MAKE IT WORK! I WILL! FUCK THIS SHIT!

IT'S SO HARD TO GET A GOD DAMN STRAIGHT ANSWER AROUND HERE!

I JUST WANT MY PSU AND THE OTHER TWO PSU's AND THE HATACHI TV FIXED, AND I'M SORRY, IF I'M SUCH A FUCKING NOOB AROUND HERE. I'M TRYING AND IF PEOPLE JUST DON'T TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO OR WHERE TO LOOK, HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO FIX ANYTHING!?!?!?! I MIGHT AS WELL GO TO EE SCHOOL!

FUCK IT!

Comment

Hey man, calm down.

Answering to the best of my ability. There's no exact answer.

You asked

"Any one know if I can use UCC LZA caps for the 3300 16v caps which uses a KM and FM cap before and after the pi coil."

and I told you it was, imho, acceptable to be used. But since I don't have actual experience with this power supply and its design, I had reservations which I explained.

The ESR is reasonable for capacitors for power supplies, the ripple might be too low but I don't know how high is the ripple in regular use.
                                The capacitors in the power supply may only be subjected to 500-1000 mA of ripple, in which case it won't matter that LZA only has 2350mA ripple compared to the FM's 3500mA+.

Use LZA, use FM, use FR ... they'll all work, but nobody can tell you they'll work perfectly unless they personally repaired that power supply.

Comment

When there's only 1 or 2 series of caps which will fit (like in this case), then I just disregard the specs (as long as they aren't GP caps). The Panny FR caps will work just fine. The ripple may be a bit higher than when the PSU was new, but they will work fine. Go ahead and use them if they fit.
                                  I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Hi guys,

Sorry for interupting caps thread , I need help with yet another one Enermax ELT620AWT.

PSU has standby 5V, can be turned on without load(bridging green and black) but it wan't turn on when there is load ( attached to motherboard alone )

When it's on all voltages are ok, 3.3V, 5V and 12V.

What was done on it:
                                    - Replaced all the caps on rail exits
                                    - Replaced small caps 2.2uF and 10uF on the small board on the side ( where is UCC3817 and LM393N )
                                    - Replaced SP223 IC chip
                                    - Replaced optocouplers
                                    - Checked most of the diodes, transistors, don't have any obvious shorts or similar problems

What to check next ?

Did someone have similar problems with this units ?

I have 2 of them and both are acting the same...

Comment

Did you also replace caps on +5 V SB rail? I got similar problems with these bloated. Fortrons also do that.

Comment

Do you think the ones that are rated 10v 1000uF and 10v 1500uF ( bottom left ) ?

Comment

Yeah somewhere around there. Should be for +5 V SB and -12 IIRC in there.

Comment

Working...
                                          X