TLC LE48FHDF3300Z Horizontal lines - question about T-Con

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TLC LE48FHDF3300Z Horizontal lines - question about T-Con

Somebody gave me TV with bad screen, I want see if replacing t-con will fix it. I can get one from aliexpress pretty cheap - dont want invest too much in it since Im not sure if it will fix this TV. But for some reason most of Chinese sellers have this board without resistors, as it shown on this picture

One listing I wanted to buy from (US seller) dont have resistors too (by time I opened TV to check board number it was gone ) https://www.ebay.com/itm/TCL-LE55FHD...-/333636600899

Most of US sellers, also my TV have resistors on board, like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/TCL-LE48FHD...1/392737451864
    But they cost 3 times more. Do I need buy one specifically with resistors, or it makes no difference? (I compared my board after I made pics and found few more missing components - some missing from my board, some from "Chinese" boards)

Pics of my board attached, also picture of screen, one pic of full screen and t-con attached, pic with left ribbon cable removed, and pic with right cable removed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sansonet; 07-08-2020, 09:30 PM.

Re: TLC LE48FHDF3300Z Horizontal lines - question about T-Con

i will concede to others diagnosis since im still learning my self to pinpoint without a doubt....but for the guessing game...

this is a panel failure i.m.o.

Comment

Horizontal lines are panel failures. You can connect one side at a time to see if one side is good. If yes, you can try the tape cutoff method on the bad side.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7vl7-vZEL8

Comment

It is too much hurt to input a video source instead of a poor all blue image?
          Anyway its 100% panel failure. The half connected screen test may not work on theese panels, if not make a photograph of the out part of the screen internal pcb, the long thin one, one is enough, them are almost equal.
          Last edited by Davi.p; 07-09-2020, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
            You can connect one side at a time to see if one side is good. If yes, you can try the tape cutoff method on the bad side.
            I did, it shown on pictures 4 and 5. One side clears up, just one line on middle still there. What is "tape cutoff method"?

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
              It is too much hurt to input a video source instead of a poor all blue image?
              Anyway its 100% panel failure. The half connected screen test may not work on theese panels, if not make a photograph of the out part of the screen internal pcb, the long thin one, one is enough, them are almost equal.
              It was dropped in my barn, I dont have video signal source near it. I still can lines on blue screen so I not bothered to bring any player to it. I will try make pic or that board later.

Comment

Originally posted by sansonet View Post
                I did, it shown on pictures 4 and 5. One side clears up, just one line on middle still there. What is "tape cutoff method"?
                With one side disconnected, you should only see half a screen.

nomoresonys posted a youtube link for that method.

Comment

With one side disconnected, you should only see half a screen.
                  I did, those halves on pics 4 and 5, I not made pics of full screen on those, just visible parts.
                  Last edited by sansonet; 07-09-2020, 09:08 PM.

Comment

If you have lines from both sides, then the cutoff method probably won't work.
                    Last edited by neilc6; 07-09-2020, 09:35 PM.

Comment

If you have lines from both sides, then the cutoff method probably won't work.
                      On pic #5 all lines are gone, just one single line on middle remains.

Comment

OK sorry it's a little hard to follow the forum on a telephone, now i'm on PC and i can see better, your last pictures reveals that you can't fix 100% the fault, but at least you can let the big part of the lines to go away. So make a photograph of the outer part of the screen's internal pcb, the long tight one, one of the two is enough, them are almost equal. Silkscreens are to be visible.
                        In photo 3 there is a curved line with backlight passign through, is it a scratch or a crack?
                        Last edited by Davi.p; 07-10-2020, 12:06 AM.

Comment

On pic 3 just reflection of chair with chrome legs that stands near it. It have no cracks. Attached pics are of one of those boards - full one and few close ups.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The blue connector there looks a little off kilter, make sure it's ok and not out of alignment.

Comment

Its not connected, I never connected it back after making pics.

Comment

Ok, that explains it.

Comment

Originally posted by sansonet View Post
                                  It was dropped in my barn, I dont have video signal source near it. I still can lines on blue screen so I not bothered to bring any player to it. I will try make pic or that board later.
                                  what does that mean... "dropped in my barn"?

you do need to post pictures of the entire screen when you do the "cable disconnect tests" so that the forum can see what is exactly happening to the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                                    what does that mean... "dropped in my barn"?

you do need to post pictures of the entire screen when you do the "cable disconnect tests" so that the forum can see what is exactly happening to the screen.
                                    My friend brought this TV here and dropped it off in my barn.

Comment

OK, as you can see from pictures many silkscreens are not visible, are there no sunny days there where to make photos whitout flash? i need the outer half of the board, near the side.
                                      Last edited by Davi.p; 07-11-2020, 01:03 AM.

Comment

OK, tried it again... Location is near side flex cable (first two pics) and middle cable (pic #3)
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by sansonet; 07-12-2020, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X