BIOS P9X79 PRO Rev1.02 Flashed with a wrong capfile - turns on-off now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIOS P9X79 PRO Rev1.02 Flashed with a wrong capfile - turns on-off now

Hi Guys, looking for ROM file for this bios so I can reflash the chip.

Can anyone assist? Or if anyone knows the procedure in extracting bin from official roms?

BIOS flashback procedure did not work - https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...f30775332f.pdf

Cheers
    Last edited by ZixuTech; 07-12-2020, 05:40 PM.

Re: BIOS P9X79 PRO Rev1.02 Flashed with a wrong capfile - turns on-off now

try..
    Attached Files
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Thanks, peste, unfortunately, same behaviour after flashing. Turns on and off within a second and keeps repeating the cycle.

Surely is bios. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by ZixuTech View Post
        Thanks, peste, unfortunately, same behaviour after flashing. Turns on and off within a second and keeps repeating the cycle.

Surely is bios. Any suggestions?
        what I posted is the bios extracted from the Asus website.
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Reflashed the chip with the bin file, I am out of ideas.

This issue happened when user tried to do flashback bios via USB.

Have you come across anything like this with these flashback compatible boards?

Comment

Try this bios, read the pdf first .
            Attached Files
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by ZixuTech View Post
              Reflashed the chip with the bin file, I am out of ideas.

This issue happened when user tried to do flashback bios via USB.

Have you come across anything like this with these flashback compatible boards?
              post the original bios if you still have it ..

Comment

@SMDFlea Thanks for the bios file. I tried this process (with the latest non-beta fie from Asus website) it was flashing the LED activity on the USB drive and took probably 10 mins, then stopped. MB still was not loading up.

This one is not even engaging flashing, USB drive blinks once and flashback button stays lit. Renamed the file to P9X79PRO.ROM as per the instructions.

@peste, attached is the original dump.

Thank you guys being on this.
                Attached Files

Comment

Have you desoldered the bios and flashed with a programmer ?
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi, this is on the socket and easy to pull. Reflashed the bin file provided by @peste with RT809F serial programmer.
                    In fact, the original dump above is extracted from the chip.

Any suggestions? - I get similar to this guy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCIhW-rvMnw

Comment

Sorry to dig up the topic. But I have the same card and the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by uiugor View Post
                        Sorry to dig up the topic. But I have the same card and the same problem
                        I will use this board in my laboratory. I flash with the latest version of the site and the release version. I didn't do it via USB

Comment

i test with 4 power supplies, another processor, different memories

Comment

I have had 2 of these boards and worked on a few as well. Do you happen to know the last bios number you had on the motherboard before you trued to flash the new one?

Comment

I have had 2 of these boards and worked on a few as well. Do you happen to know the last bios number you had on the motherboard before you trued to flash the new one?
                              Last edited by nobodyknowswho; 11-16-2023, 04:28 PM. Reason: double post . My mistake not sure how to delete it?

Comment

Working...
                              X