Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compare two BIOS, and correct missing DMI ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compare two BIOS, and correct missing DMI ?

Hello to all!

I have a question.

When you , find here online a dump of a BIOS that is working just fine but has missing information .
    But you , have the "original faulty " bios with all the information on it, how do you transfer the details on the "working"bios and reprogram it ?

I mean ,without the usual HP tool , that you press everysingle word , i mean about the "general bios" editor.

Re: Compare two BIOS, and correct missing DMI ?

It depends.If its an insyde bios then the DMI (serial number etc) is usually in 1 big block,and the win key,if there is one ,is in a different place.Its a matter of finding them, then copying using a hex editor from the old to the new.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      It depends.If its an insyde bios then the DMI (serial number etc) is usually in 1 big block,and the win key,if there is one ,is in a different place.Its a matter of finding them, then copying using a hex editor from the old to the new.
      It's from a 330S-15ARR Lenovo , with Ryzen 2500U ,i have the original file (read and verified) but i am using the HxD editor, and cannot find "anything" particular from the Serials, Model ,etc.

Comment

Originally posted by AccountSaver View Post
        It's from a 330S-15ARR Lenovo , with Ryzen 2500U ,i have the original file (read and verified) but i am using the HxD editor, and cannot find "anything" particular from the Serials, Model ,etc.
        This post in the 330S-15ARR bios request thread should help you , @peste has given the offsets to enter in your hex editor https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...9&postcount=29
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

in newer versions of bios (uefi) most of DMI data is compressed. individual modules can be extracted / replaced with UEFITool (not all versions support replacing modules, you will have to do some research)

https://github.com/LongSoft/UEFITool/releases/tag/A59
          Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Welcome back @ ala_borbe. Missed you a lot for these days.

Comment

Working...
            X