This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

This isn't my first time on this forum, but I'm starting to dig into repair a bit more on my off time so i figured this would be a useful place to come by

Comment

Hello all, everything I own with a power supply likes to break as soon as the warranty runs out ... so it's high time I joined.

Comment

Hello, all carbon based creatures. I am 24 & I live in Czech Republic, region Vysocina. Come to visit, our republic is beautiful, but politicians are just retards. So more about me. I Studied Car repairing school, but after school i applied for a job in electronics repair shop. I work there for over 4 years already. Firstly i was repairing laptops, then gaming consoles, PS4, xBox One, sometimes one gen older consoles. Last year, I was placed on dfferent position and i repair broken TVs (not cracked screens ). I Came here in 2017 for some advices, but did not fully activated account with this message until now!

Comment

Hallo, i am Steva from Serbia and i try to fix pc and laptops.

Comment

Just registered. Nice to be here!

Comment

Hi,
              Happy to join the Forum.
              I am an aerospace engineer from Belgium, now retired in Richmond, KY, USA, close to our daughter.
              I more consider myself as a world citizen as the family left Belgium in 1984, with our kids 7 and 4 years old. We moved regularly for my business, like every 3 years. Actually our moving in KY was the 27th since we get married
              We lived 20 years in South East Asia (Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore) and the rest in France and USA.
              Got retired in 2015 and we moved in French Polynesia.
              Now we have decided to come closer to the family and moved to KY.

My first computer was a Spectrum ZX80 with the 64K extension RAM
              Then I moved to Apple computers and never left them, even if I worked in both worlds, Mac and Windows, with a little bit of Unix also.
              Got mainly Apple IIe, Mac SE, SE/30, Quadra 610, Power Mac G4, iMac Core2duo, Mac mini, MacBook Air.
              My present computer is Mac mini Late 2012, to be replaced soon by a new Mac mini M1X.

I started collecting vintage Macs when I got retired and start working on recapping motherboard 2 years ago. I am now better equipped with a soldering station, hot air gun and basic microscope.

Will be happy to share my small experience in recapping.
              See you soon in the Forum

Comment

I thought forums died like irc, guess i was wrong.
                Hi.

Comment

Hi to all of the experts! I am a complete novice, when it comes to electronics, but I love to tinker, now retired, with too much time on my hands, whenever I try to fix things, I usually fail, but now that I can trawl this forum, my failure rate should reduce significantly.

Comment

elo

Comment

Just registered. Nice to be here! also thank you so much i already feel closer to the solution that I am looking for thanks

Comment

This Forum is aweseome! Thank you guys. I am from germany and very new to repair and soldering but i am growing day by day!

Comment

Hi how are things! My name is Sergio Murillo and I am starting to work with SMD circuits, all my life since I was a child I wanted to know how certain electrical devices worked, for now I am still learning and in fact here in my state, Veracruz it is very difficult to find a good cell phone repair technician and computer equipment, they all want to be change pieces, something that I personally want to change to be one of the best in my area, I hope to have support and to be able to contribute later from my experiences to support more people like me.

Greetings to all and thanks for accepting me!

Comment

Hi there, I'm just a newbie - looking to learn a few things and hopefully get my caps diagnosed.

Comment

Merhaba herkese .

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello, just registered and now member of this lovely forum !

Comment

Hi Everyone

My name is Tommy and i am a computer engineer, I've joined BadCaps to get technical support, mainly bios unlocking, i was referred by an existing member.

keeping it short and simple.

Comment

Just registered. Hello

Comment

Hello there, looking forward to learning a bunch from y'all crazy fellas

Comment

Hello guys!

Comment

Working...
                                          X