Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Reset BIOS Admin Password On HP Probook/Elitebook/How to Set a Clean ME Region

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Reset BIOS Admin Password On HP Probook/Elitebook/How to Set a Clean ME Region

HI FRIEND TODAY I FIND THE WEBSITES HOW TO CLEAN ME REGION IN HEX AND REMOVE BIOS PASSWORD HP LAPTOP
    HERE IS LINKS.
    https://www.ghostlyhaks.com/blog/app...lean-me-region

Re: How To Reset BIOS Admin Password On HP Probook/Elitebook/How to Set a Clean ME Re

usefull i do it in outher ways but also good

Comment

Re: How To Reset BIOS Admin Password On HP Probook/Elitebook/How to Set a Clean ME Re

Clean me region 2 method many friend know but remove bios password clean me bin i don't understand how to clean bin files another hp laptop i try 430 g2 show uefi tools vss file but another hp laptop bios example 450 g3 no show vss i confused anybody know about this knowlwdge plz share thanx.

Comment

Hi
        If hash tool don't work or removing cmos battery ...then you need to either download a full new update from HP or Just use a Donor bios merge your top half to the botton half of the donor save it reprogram it Done . So say your Original bios is 8MB you would cut the top half at 4MB and merge it to the donor bottom half at 4MB =8MB total size save it and you will have no more password. If you use a New update you will need to put DMI info back in that model# serial and so on.
        Techman1025

Comment

can you share ?? how to use clean me region and any laptop bios clean am waiting your reply i cant understand how to use??? help me

Comment

Originally posted by Attif View Post
            can you share ?? how to use clean me region and any laptop bios clean am waiting your reply i cant understand how to use??? help me
            Hi First a clean Me region will not remove password. Either first it's a one bios chip board ? reflash bios & Ec in some cases like with dell will remove Password
            Techman1025

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
              HI FRIEND TODAY I FIND THE WEBSITES HOW TO CLEAN ME REGION IN HEX AND REMOVE BIOS PASSWORD HP LAPTOP
              HERE IS LINKS.
              https://www.ghostlyhaks.com/blog/app...lean-me-region
              Thanks, useful

Comment

Hi like I said password is not stored in me region I'm doing this for over 30 years and been fixing dirty me region .
                Techman1025

Comment

Originally posted by techman1025 View Post
                  hi like i said password is not stored in me region i'm doing this for over 30 years and been fixing dirty me region .
                  Techman1025
                  yes u r right but another question last time i have laptop hp 450 g3 bios password i try 15 to 20 bios flash no display laptop on display no show and finally i send old bios vinafix sites and clean the password why other files no display.

Comment

Hi because on that model the passwords are stored on the bottom half of the original bios file. So lets say you used a donor bios password on that model would be gone..but if it's a intel base board you will start having me region problem like random reboots fans racing and so on because we call it a dirty file me region ..once a original computer boot it's married to that bios file and in this case you would need to know how to rebuilt a clean me region and then using a text editor program to cut the dirty me region out of the donor file and past the new clean one you just rebuilt in it... so much to learn that site really doesn't tell you everthing
                    techman1025.

Comment

For Hp probooks the best method that works for me is downloading the bios update from hp website and editing with hex editor,
                      1. Backup your old bios
                      2. Extract the bios file from the update exe (xxxx.fd)
                      3. Just take note of the size of the update file it doesn't matter if it is not equal to size of your bios (e.g bios = 8mb but update file is 3.5mb)
                      4. Subtract the update file size from the original bios size ( 8mb-3.5mb = 4.5mb)
                      5. So in hex editor just cut or copy the first 4.5mb data and past it to the beginning of your update file, then you have your full size of bios.
                      Take note that the 4.5mb of data is just the ME region and bios password is not stored in this region.

Comment

Originally posted by bluestone View Post
                        For Hp probooks the best method that works for me is downloading the bios update from hp website and editing with hex editor,
                        1. Backup your old bios
                        2. Extract the bios file from the update exe (xxxx.fd)
                        3. Just take note of the size of the update file it doesn't matter if it is not equal to size of your bios (e.g bios = 8mb but update file is 3.5mb)
                        4. Subtract the update file size from the original bios size ( 8mb-3.5mb = 4.5mb)
                        5. So in hex editor just cut or copy the first 4.5mb data and past it to the beginning of your update file, then you have your full size of bios.
                        Take note that the 4.5mb of data is just the ME region and bios password is not stored in this region.
                        Yup it could be done that way as long as update could be extracted and it's not decrypted for the newer model... Phoenix tool what work on decrypting it and in that case you will need to use a donor bios rebuild a new clean Me region that is of course if it a intel base board...AMD no problem using a full donor just need to run the DMI tool or just use a text editor and cut it out of original file. ((DMI Info)
                        Techman1025

Comment

I have Mostly find it difficult to cut out the dmi info in Probook and Elitebook models but for the rest is very easy. So I just use the dmi tool to reprogram it. Techman1025 can you enlighten us on how you can copy the dmi info in the probook bios.

Comment

There many ways it could be done .If you know what to search for and the size?$RECLOG
                            Techman1025
                            Attached Files

Comment

in older system before unicode bios (G62, CQ56 and similar) you could just search string of model and copy on same place in new bios for web update (hex copy in same address)

@techman1025
                              tnx for tip
                              what sw did you use to record video? is there any good for windows? id like to make some tutorials...
                              Im Back... sort of...

Comment

There many ways it could be done .If you know what to search for and the size?$RECLOG
                                Techman1025
                                Nice. Thanks for share to us

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
                                  HERE IS LINKS.
                                  Removing or reset HP laptop password is my biggest concern , i even downloaded and installed a few password managers on my laptop, but it didn't really work

Comment

Techman1025
                                    Thank's man,
                                    Can you maybe make another video how to reset bios password of that model 840-G2?

Comment

Originally posted by zenelli View Post
                                      Thank's man,
                                      Can you maybe make another video how to reset Hp laptop password of that model 840-G2?
                                      I have no video,i have seen in a url above ,
                                      Last edited by Qasnkery; 10-06-2017, 05:02 AM.

Comment

how to sign up there

Comment

Working...
                                        X