Polaroid TDA-03211C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaroid TDA-03211C

Recently I grabbed a Polaroid TDA-03211C from someone's curbside trash. There was also a tube-style computer monitor, but I let the other trash-pickers take that.

When plugged in, the LED light on the front of the TV changes from red to blue and the built-in DVD player spins for a short time before stopping (it is probably programmed into a ROM chip to search for a disc in the drive upon startup). The LED on the power board blinks at around 1 Hz.

Here we have a picture of [part of] the power board. Clearly the 10 microfarad 450 working volts DC capacitors need replacing, they are bulging (between the "TC18813F / RoHS" and "PROVIEW" silkscreens). All capacitors are "HEC" brand.

(Yes, this will take some time - I am busy with lots of work at my job, and around the house too.)

Should I remove the heatsink and replace the others?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hondaman; 03-15-2020, 02:49 AM.

Re: Polaroid TDA-03211C

Probably a good idea to replace them all, if it was for my own use I would just replace the bulgers and see if that solves it. It's not a huge tv so if you had to take the back off again it wouldn't be a big deal, your call.

Comment

Working...
    X