wire for bga pads repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wire for bga pads repair

hello guys, sometimes i need to fix some broken pads on some bga pcb. i tryed very different wire, copper wire. solder wick wire, but the result is always the same..... wires are too fragile and get destroyed after one or 2 movement of it.

tryed alaos 0.002mm but it broke just by almost touch it with tips....

generally i need to repair bga pads for 0.5mm so dont need a too small wire for it.

any suggestion and where to buy it would be appreciated
    Last edited by dellxps15; 10-23-2019, 05:03 AM.

Re: wire for bga pads repair

aliexpress, search iphone wire.

Comment

tnx for reply. that one is ok?
      https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3305...chweb201603_55

edit: im tring with a bigger copper wire like 0.1mm but my iron tips and my tweezers are way too big

any suggestion for iron tips and tweezers?

my soldering iron is atten 8586
      Last edited by dellxps15; 10-23-2019, 07:03 AM.

Comment

damn, that would need a microscope.
        the one i got is 0.02mm and still hard to see!

cant advise on the iron as i dont know it, but obviously the smallest pointy tip you can find.
        dont use regular lead-free solder because copper wire will desolve into it.

Comment

I use between 0.02 and 0.05mm approx with microscope for BGA rework, as for soldering irons I use almost exclusively Pace rework systems. I do have a couple of Weller wsp 80's and for large thermal mass stuff I still use a hakko FR802 which I have been looking to replace with a Pace BGA rework station for some time now (been put off by unit cost and costs of replacement parts). For small thermal mass rework I use a Pace Thermojet which is ideal in every way.

This all represents a significant investment, however a couple of repairs will usually pay for the kit, also I got lucky in that most of this was obtained on the second hand market and through workshop clearances. Additionally all the kit is like a generation before so is not new or current, with the exception of a couple of TD100 pace irons.

Comment

Working...
          X