Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2022 Operating System Thread

^
    If all my systems did was web browse and email, yes....Linux would work fine.... I also know you've got a S2K16 system in your mix.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post

So I started nosing around with all of the Windows 10 settings and... oh boy, does it really REALLY have a ton of shit in there. Since this was a Win 10 Home machine, I guess there's no (easy) way to stop the Telemetry stuff. But just going through every setting and trying to minimize the Telemetry stuff being monitored took me no less than 3 days - no exaggeration there! Too many damn layers! And it doesn't help that some settings are still in the old "Control" Panel, but then similar or duplicate settings also exist in the Settings menu... some of them feeling very ambiguous as to which affects what.
      Exactly... And they did this on purpose. They went out of their way to make sure it's not easy and simple to customize OS to a quiet and minimum spying level.

It also took me several days to check every setting on settings menus when I configured laptop I bought from a friend that I mentioned on another thread

Comment

I need to figure out how to redistrubte the load on one of my Linux server virtual machines to another Linux machine - web/mail/domain name/imap/VPN/storage/etc./etc. services. Then there's that one Linux machine that handles my voicemail which I'd also want to shift machines.

The workstation Linux machines get to do more fun stuff, video/PVR, schematic capture and simulation, pcb layout, 3d CAD, microcontroller development, and more.

Just don't ask me how to disable OS telemetry, I don't need to mess with that. Well, I do monitor my own machines for performance, but that data stays on my own network by default.

Comment

Working...
        X