Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asus KFN5-D SLI Kinda Retro-ish Rescue / Build

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
    I did finish this the other day....I just didn't take any more pics....there wasn't anything to show that hasn't already been. Under loads, the PSU was groaning a bit but it remained stable. The nvidia driver crashed/recovered a couple times inexplicably with both the GTX285's and the GTX560ti's. The seat of my pants tells me it was the PSU, but the frequency wasn't high enough to get overly excited....and only under higher graphics loads (games & benchmarking). I'd swap out the PSU, but I don't have any others here strong enough to take on the loads of this power sucking system...so I'm calling it done for now until I come across a better one.
    How many watts you want? I have a couple Corsairs sitting. Probably not enough though...
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
      How many watts you want? I have a couple Corsairs sitting. Probably not enough though...
      Whacha got?
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
        Whacha got?
        I'd have to look... and I'm out of the country at the moment (eh).

I think they were in the ballpark of 450-600W... I'd have to look, but I've run dual 250's on a dual 940w with 4 10K's on a 600W seasonic and it worked just fine. 600W thermaltake, not so much... they've always seemed cheap to me. Better than Ultra or Leadman (Duh!), but not what I'd reach for if given other competent choices.
        sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Hi Topcat do you still have this board ? I have the same board but tired to update the bios using flash rom. And i believe it flashed another chip. Do you know if any other chips on this board are flashable ? I am trying to recover this board. I have taken the bios LC out and flashed it but still no post.

Comment

Originally posted by gnug85 View Post
            Hi Topcat do you still have this board ? I have the same board but tired to update the bios using flash rom. And i believe it flashed another chip. Do you know if any other chips on this board are flashable ? I am trying to recover this board. I have taken the bios LC out and flashed it but still no post.
            Yes, I still have it.

I don't know of any other ROM's on the board, I actually have 2 of these. I updated the bios on both of them using the asus utility. Didn't have any issues.
            <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
            Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
            http://folding.stanford.edu/
            Team : 49813
            Join in!!
            Team Stats

Comment

Working...
            X