This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hallo all, my name is Martin and I'am looking for bios of my briged motherboard ...
    Hope, I find any one ...

Comment

Hello guys,

I have been building computers since ~1981 with Ohio Scientific 6500 boards. I was repairing TVs and such since 10th grade at a local TV shop in 1977 through about 1983. Then I had a shop, for the company I work for, in Cincinnati, for 15 years and came home to Central, PA in 1999. I have been an electronic tech for 35 years.

Recently, I started repairing TVs, Pads, laptops and Computers (again) on the side for people. Flat panels seem a lot easier to repair than what I used to work on (the Zenith hybrid chassis from the late 1960s and 1970s, and similar). I guess the best parts to keep in stock are electrolitic caps and EEPROMS for the Vizios - lol. I fixed a Westinghouse a bit back that I had to replaced the back-light ballasts transformer in (burned up). Other than that, bad solder, EEPROMS and bad caps. I am not looking for more challenges than that. Back in the old days, we had huge supplies of Sams Photofacts schematics and adjustment guides. I assume they are still around? They were expensive even back then. Unless I see a lot of the same model, I can not justify the expense, so hence I found this forum and hope to have it a good resource. Is there a good on-line source for schematics when needed?

Anyway, getting my shop set back up and have a few 32 inch flat panels to fix and then put up for sale. I am just waiting for some parts I ordered yesterday.

My wife advertises on facebook and picks up some work for me, but I want to be cautious about the tax and extra income thing. If business starts to be good then I want to be 100% legit. Right now, I have been just trying to help people and not make money. I talked with one person that said "Do not sell parts, just your labor, then set 25% aside for federal, state and local taxes." I donno, I would like some advice on that if I really seriously start to do this work on the side. In today's throw everything away world, I don't know if people will pay to fix their stuff.

Well, take care and see yaa all on the forum.

Dave

Comment

Looking forward to connecting with this esteemed group as I encounter countless upcoming challenges revitalizing vintage Macs. Cheers!

Comment

Hi !
          My name is Christelle from France, I'm keen on electronic despite of my age (50) and my job, as I am a carpenter

Comment

Hey Guys,

My name is Chris, I'm from Sunny Scotland. I worked as an Electronics Debug/Test Engineer for many years before changing career around 10 years ago completely away from electronics (Air Traffic Control). Still like to mess about as a hobby, so here I am
            Photography | Music | Radar

Comment

Hi all ! Im Drewbee found this site when searching for a schematic for an alienware laptop board im putting into a desktop . Dumb idea btw...don't try it unless you enjoy getting pissed off at yourself and the equipment your working on. lol

Im 38, my first computer was an IBM PCjr with the basic "cartridge" . After that I got a Macintosh performa 631 and have built my systems since. I currently just acquired a dell poweredge r720xd to tinker with and annoy the better half with some jet engine fan noise

I don't have a lot of free time but I'll help in anyway I can!

Thanks and great to meet everyone !

Comment

Hola, decidí unirme al grupo ya que quiero seguir aprendiendo.

Comment

Hi,good day,i stumbled upon this forum while searching for schematics for a board repair I'm currently working on and i must say that's this forum's a really big help.Im still new to motherboard repairs tho would look forward to any help i can get

Comment

Hello eveyone,
                    I'm Uiane know as Johnny Monteiro from Cape verde, but resident in Brazil

I was an electronic technician student back em 2004, but gave up, became an Audio Engineer,but my interest never ceased, so now I'm back trying to get seriously involved as i Love eletronics, and work around PC's and Audio hardware all the time.

Comment

Boa Tarde a todos (Estou seguindo o horário do Brasil...). Espero poder contribuir e participar da melhor maneira possível.

Comment

Hi guys

I am here foir an adventure

arghh

Comment

Hello, I am BrDevOps, a developer and I am here to introduce myself to you.
                          I found this forum because I was looking for ways to crack the BIOS password of my DELL Lattitude, and I found this forum and noticed that it can be of great help and I can also help.
                          I am a software engineer and I love electronics and hacking things.

Comment

Hi everyone. I've already found a lot of useful information on your forum and now it's time for my first post. I am mainly a software designer, but electronics has been my hobby since I was a little kid. Nice to meet you all.

Comment

hi glad a found this trying to figure out how to repair my vizio p65 c1, i can replace the board, but pretty sure my eeprom needs repair, i trying to post a pic on her to try and find a source , i tried shopjimmy but of course they don't carry what i need

Comment

Bonjour a tous c'est Moustaph@ je suis nouveau au forum, je suis technicien chercheur et merci a vous tous.

Comment

Hello Guys 👌🏾

My name is Manuel and I'm texting you from Mozambique, I'm an Electronics Engineering student and a beginner repairs technician. I'm now repairing a graphics card, so while making some researchs I found this Forum.

I intended to get better with the Repairs, in that case, I hope you can help me with some tips and tricks 😆

English isn't my native language so pardon me if something I say start sounding strange 😂🔥

Well, that's all I can say for now.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm Chris from the West Yorkshire region in the UK.

I currently do board level repairs on consoles and looking into branching out onto PC/Laptop boards.

I arrived here after hearing Richard from Learn Electronics Repair on YouTube mention this place so much , I was going to join earlier but held off until I got hold of a couple of PC boards to practice with.

Now I have some here I am, thanks for creating this wonderful forum and I look forward to learning from a lot of you fantastic technicians.

Comment

Hello all!

To introduce myself, I am a computer science technician, electrician, but what I love and do most is music, mixing, live recording, mastering... I have a little but well equipped studio that I've assembled throughout last 20 or so years with love and careful picking of equipment. I generally like retro things, so it is analogue/digital combination that I use to make music.

Since I often buy a bit older pieces of equipment, even a little broken, I sometimes have to repair it. I started repairing synths in the 90s and became good with the soldering iron, I'm making my own cables etc... but I'm not so acquainted with electronics, so I found this forum when I noticed there are some problems with my TC Electronic StudioKonnekt 48 audio interface that I really love.

For now it's just a blinking power light, then it boots up, but I suspect that means it's in need of replacing at leat some of the capacitors in the power supply. That's what I noticed as the first problem with most of the audio equipment that's 10 or more years old.

This forum already helped me because there is a great thread about TC StudioKonnekt 48 revival, but I had to register to be able to see the attachments.

Now let's go do some reviving!

Honest cheers to everybody! d=

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello

Comment

Working...
                                          X