Samsung PN59D6500 Plasma TV issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PN59D6500 Plasma TV issues

Hey all, i have a Samsung PN59D6500 that I rescued from the dumpster and I'm trying to fix it. So the issue I am having is that the TV isnt turning on at all. I have VS,VA,VSC,VE at all the appropriate voltages. I have 3.3V at the PS-On, and 5V also. Whats happening is when i press the power button on the remote the TV has has the relays click, some pixels flash on the screen and then it seems to turn off. It repeats this until the TV is unplugged. I know that the Mainboard has a problematic EEPROM but this seems kinda like a power regulation issue. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Samsung PN59D6500 Plasma TV issues

Try freezing the nand chip on the mainboard with an upside down can of air duster. If the tv turns on the mainboard is the problem. Nick's tv is a member of this forum and he can replace the chip.

Comment

They still have those chips programmed? I would've thought the stock/files would've went away long ago. By trade I'm an electronics tech, albeit relatively inexperienced with troubleshooting, however I can solder at a high level. Is there anywhere I can buy the chip and solder it myself?

Comment

Originally posted by Burglicious View Post
        They still have those chips programmed? I would've thought the stock/files would've went away long ago. By trade I'm an electronics tech, albeit relatively inexperienced with troubleshooting, however I can solder at a high level. Is there anywhere I can buy the chip and solder it myself?
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/263952614219

Comment

Thank you. I appreciate the advice nice to see a responsive forum

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
            Try freezing the nand chip on the mainboard with an upside down can of air duster. If the tv turns on the mainboard is the problem. Nick's tv is a member of this forum and he can replace the chip.
            Hey dude, I tried this tip and unfortunately the issue persisted. Could it be that the chip is too far gone to function at all?

Comment

I have a feeling that all that is wrong with your set is the 3 "c106" little blue capacitors on the ymain board.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by tvtimmy; 12-11-2021, 07:14 PM. Reason: Added pictures

Comment

Interesting, I will test and respond with the results. The weird thing with the Y Main is that the VScan voltages are perfectly fine. Do you recommend a test point I could try? Or just test those caps? And since I'm trying to use this as a learning experience, could you tell me their function possibly?

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
                  I have a feeling that all that is wrong with your set is the 3 "c106" little blue capacitors on the ymain board.

Ok I did some digging. All small blue capacitors ohm’d out fine, as well as had a 15vdc. I am including a video/pic of the most apparent issues I have found. On Ic1302 (which I am thinking is the issue) there is a burnt pad. The data sheet says this is pin 48 which is not internally connected to anything so I doubt it has any effect. What I’m wondering is how it burnt down like that. Maybe desoldering issue? Regardless I’m just curious what your input on these symptoms would be. I attached an Imgur link, the attachments wouldn’t show up

https://imgur.com/a/MLt0uuF
                  Last edited by Burglicious; 12-12-2021, 12:27 PM. Reason: Attachements wouldn’t show.

Comment

So good news! I got the chip, soldered it on, and it works….. almost! Now there’s still the issue of it power cycling every 10 or so seconds. I’m thinking maybe the power board? The TV displays the Samsung logo perfectly, as with before it didnt. It just did a blank screen.

Comment

Try the freezing trick again. It still sounds like the chip is bad.

Comment

https://youtu.be/pBeY1W3vF60

Comment

Alright I'll try it again. I found a capacitor that I'm pretty sure is bad on the power board but I'm not entirely sure that's issue. It's reading as an open. I'll give the freeze spray another try though

Comment

Working...
                          X