Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master No POST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master No POST

Hi all, I hope I'm not asking too much with my first post, but I was wondering (since I couldn't find a similar issue here on the forum with the same board) if anyone has seen or experienced anything like this.

The motherboard basically boots up and the CPU light doesn't go out, the CPU cooler spins without any problems and after a few seconds the board reboots into the second BIOS and tries to boot that way but no lights except the BIOS LED and the CPU light will light up.

Basically, there is no post and since the CPU is not recognized, no other lights turn on. Can anyone help me fix this problem or should I just throw it in the trash?

I've already tried replacing the second BIOS but it looks like this is a circuit issue as the CPU is perfectly fine (tested in another rig).

The Corsair TX950 Watt was used as the power supply (there is only one 8-pin connector, but that shouldn't be a problem). If you hold your finger on the CPU, after 10 minutes the CPU gets slightly hot (it looks like it's not getting enough power).

I have a basic knowledge of power circuit troubleshooting. So if you have any idea please tell me what to test first and what should the output be (I couldn't find a power supply circuit design of this motherboard anywhere).

EDIT:
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J7qnr0YNH8
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bundlestars; 06-07-2022, 01:50 PM.

Re: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master No POST

you post this way and no one can answer you.
    firstly you are stuck in CPU led. Have you tryed another cpu ?
    have you measured the voltage of cpu ? have you feel the heat of cpu , such that if there is heat, cpu voltage is out.

this kind of fault could be as good as anything can happen.

no for novice to trouble shoot . You should also use eraser to clean up cpu surface.

Comment

Originally posted by anikin73 View Post
      you post this way and no one can answer you.
      firstly you are stuck in CPU led. Have you tryed another cpu ?
      have you measured the voltage of cpu ? have you feel the heat of cpu , such that if there is heat, cpu voltage is out.

this kind of fault could be as good as anything can happen.

no for novice to trouble shoot . You should also use eraser to clean up cpu surface.
      Thank you for your reply. As I said, the CPU gets hot, but only after a few minutes.

No other CPU was tested on this board because I didn't have one. In any case, the BIOS is the latest version and this board supports the mentioned CPU because it worked without problems until several weeks ago and then suddenly stopped working one morning.

The CPU has already been cleaned with isopropanol, but that didn't change anything.

I don't know how to measure CPU voltage, maybe you can tell me how to do it?

It looks like this is going into the trash can.

Comment

Originally posted by bundlestars View Post
        In any case, the BIOS is the latest version and this board supports the mentioned CPU because it worked without problems until several weeks ago and then suddenly stopped working one morning.
        You write that it tries to run from the backup BIOS:
        Are you sure whatever BIOS is stored on the backup BIOS supports the processor?
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
          You write that it tries to run from the backup BIOS:
          Are you sure whatever BIOS is stored on the backup BIOS supports the processor?
          The backup BIOS chip was replaced with a new backup BIOS chip that I purchased from an eBay seller.

I have previously bought BIOS chips from him and told him to program the latest available BIOS onto this replacement chip.

My concern is that only those 2 BIOS LEDs light up and the light on the IO shield but the chipset LED and everything else doesn't light up at all and it should normally be lit as soon as you start the PC.

Comment

there are many reasons why led run till cpu. bios is one of them.
            but you must know that all other voltages must rise before cpu voltage rise. I dun not think it is your level to do the repair...

Comment

Check whether the DRAMs get all necessary power supplies. Sometimes one missing DRAM voltage prevents the CPU to do anything, as no working operating memory is available. Had already several mobos with defect, or partially defect DRAM VRM's, not generating VDD/VTT or one of them. Basically you must have 4 voltages present: 3.3V, 2.5, 1.2V and 0.6V. Attached you'll find the DDR4 slot pinout. Clean also carefully the memory modules' contacts, try with only one DRAM module and all the DRAM slots one ofter the other. Check LGA1151 CPU socket for bent, missing or dirty pins.

When you buy a BIOS on eBay you in fact also not know what is inside, in my opinion not a good idea, because you can buy here anything. Better buy a CH341 programmer, a new bios chip, and program yourself, then you know what is inside. Also this is not always so easy, as the Bios chips are sometimes "personalized" with individual serial numbers (UUID's) and MAC addresses. If you buy a generic bios you loose all this information, and the effect is undetermined. Also programming Bios not using the motherboard BIOS routine can lead to a mismatch of the Management Engine version in the chipset, as the normal BIOS upgrade done with the BIOS program handles also the upgrade of the Management Engine software version (kind of firmware for the chipset).

And, if you get to the conclusion to get rid of the board, pls contact me first, I'd be happy to pay the transport and get this board. You can also sell it on eBay, so you can get some money back for it.

Attached Files
              Last edited by DynaxSC; 07-14-2022, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X