Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PASSWRD Dell Latitude 5510 FDW50 LA-J381P

Originally posted by xxxxRobertxxxx View Post
    Looks like it's time for new programmer. I think I go for TL866II as veryfication failed on both apps.
    Yes TL866II is a good choice for the money.
    Edit: I'll also suggest to get another adapter, for example:
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=228
    Last edited by Vesko356; 06-12-2022, 11:48 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Looks like it's time for new programmer. I think I go for TL866II as veryfication failed on both apps.
      Have you done the voltage mod,that can make it a bit more stable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ln3VIZKKaE
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwnzzF645hA
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
        Yes TL866II is a good choice for the money.
        Edit: I'll also suggest to get another adapter, for example:
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=228
        I just purchased TL866II and awaiting for delivery. I also ordered new adapter.
        Thank you for all your help so far. I come back as soon as I receive programmer and read the chip properly.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
          Have you done the voltage mod,that can make it a bit more stable
          It is not a question of voltage modification, but of a specific unit in hand. This junk is unpredictable at work, I had a unit that unmodified worked very well even with 1.8v chips, and another piece (of junk) did the same problems as most of them do.
          To take the risk of working with this on a laptop that costs more than £600 second hand is, to put it mildly unreasonable.
          Last edited by Vesko356; 06-12-2022, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Thank you for all your help so far. I come back as soon as I receive programmer and read the chip properly.
            Good decision, the only reasonable one in this case. Send me a message when you're ready because I'm not always here, and I'll be happy to help you, we'll remove the password without any problems, don't worry.

Comment

It is not a question of voltage modification, but of a specific unit in hand. This junk is unpredictable at work, I had a unit that unmodified worked very well even with 1.8v chips, and another piece (of junk) did the same problems as most of them do.
              To take the risk of working with this on a laptop that costs more than £600 second hand is, to put it mildly unreasonable.
              I agree,but most folk will not pay for a better more expensive programmer. Sad buts thats how it is,and you know we`ll see a lot more corrupt backups being posted until another programmer is released thats just as cheap or cheaper but more reliable hardware and software wise.
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-12-2022, 12:44 PM.
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                I agree,but most folk will not pay for a better more expensive programmer. Sad buts thats how it is,and you know we`ll see a lot more corrupt backups being posted until another programmer is released thats just as cheap or cheaper but more reliable hardware and software wise.
                I completely agree, but in this case it is an expensive machine, and luckily I happened to be around and guessed what could happen, because the events could have turned out much worse - you know very well what a pain is to rebuild the bios for this particular machine, in addition all members here receive absolutely free of charge help to solve their problem thanks to our work and knowledge. Certainly from the money saved, at least they can afford to buy a better tool, which they will use in the future anyway.

Comment

Hi there,
                  I just received my new programmer today and couldn't wait any longer to read BIOS chip from my dell 5510. I think I've improved reading 100%. as the programmer does the really good job. I have done 3 undependent BIOS dumps as you have advised to do. Please have a look when you got a minute.
                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-12-2023, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Hi there,
                    I just received my new programmer today and couldn't wait any longer to read BIOS chip from my dell 5510. I think I've improved reading 100%. as the programmer does the really good job. I have done 3 undependent BIOS dumps as you have advised to do. Please have a look when you got a minute.
                    Indeed, completely different story this time - the new programmer works as it should.
                    Below is your unlocked file, at first boot enter the bios and write the Service Tag, then restart and you're good to go:

Comment

Indeed, completely different story this time - the new programmer works as it should.
                      Below is your unlocked file, at first boot enter the bios and write the Service Tag, then restart and you're good to go:
                      Thank you very much for such a quick response. I will programm asap and let you know about result. Do I need to erase the chip before applying new BIOS or just overwrite it?

Comment

Thank you very much for such a quick response. I will programm asap and let you know about result. Do I need to erase the chip before applying new BIOS or just overwrite it?
                        Old content must be erased first.

Comment

Old content must be erased first.
                          Laptop is dead. I don't have time to reverse it now. I have a look tomorrow. do you have any suggestions?

Comment

Laptop is dead. I don't have time to reverse it now. I have a look tomorrow. do you have any suggestions?
                            Should work, most probably you didn't programmed the chip properly (with verification) or didn't solder the chip as it should.
                            Try again.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...41#post1139941

Comment

I just come back from work. I'm going to give it another try today and let you know. I'm going to desolder the chip, clean the pads, put new tin and reprogram the chip ones again. I'm sure that the report I have received from Xgpro stated that everything went right but I know that sometimes things are going wrong and the best way is to start from the begining and this is what i'm going to do. I also can confirm that verrification has been done after re-programming the chip and was showing success. I know it's sounds odd but this is what happend.
                              Thank you very much for all your support and your knowlage.

Comment

I just come back from work. I'm going to give it another try today and let you know. I'm going to desolder the chip, clean the pads, put new tin and reprogram the chip ones again.
                                Exactly.

I'm sure that the report I have received from Xgpro stated that everything went right but I know that sometimes things are going wrong and the best way is to start from the begining and this is what i'm going to do. I also can confirm that verrification has been done after re-programming the chip and was showing success. I know it's sounds odd but this is what happend.
                                Thank you very much for all your support and your knowlage.
                                About the verification part - do not rely on a automatic verification process built into the software. I've said it before on another occasion, but here it is again for your information:
                                The safest method for verifying the contents is to read the chip after programming and compare the resulting file with the source. This eliminates any doubt, and you can proceed to soldering the chip to the board.
                                In this way, each step of the process is verified, and in the event of a problem, only the last step can be checked - namely the soldering to be inspected.
                                Otherwise, everything has to be done again from the beginning, because it is not certain at what stage the mistake was made.
                                This also applies to the initial reading of the chip with the original (containing the password) dump. Two or three content dumps need to be made that are compared to each other. If they are the same then it is certain that the content has been read correctly.

The procedures described above can take five minutes longer, but save five hours of headaches.

Comment

hi guys is possible to find a passwd for dell latitude 5510
                                  security code :51N60F3-8FC8 THANKS

Comment

Originally posted by kaseak View Post
                                    hi guys is possible to find a passwd for dell latitude 5510
                                    security code :51N60F3-8FC8 THANKS
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=135

Comment

Please unlock my bios password.

Comment

Originally posted by JJong View Post

Please unlock my bios password.
                                        Try and comment the result please

Comment

Originally posted by aldopc View Post
                                          Try and comment the result please
                                          Power does not turn on.

Comment

Working...
                                          X