Forcing WPS PIN method under Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forcing WPS PIN method under Windows 7

I am looking for a way to force the use of the PIN method when connecting to a Wi-Fi Protected Setup enabled access point (with PIN and pushbutton/PBC methods enabled) under Windows 7, without a manufacturer-provided connection utility.
    Normally, a prompt to push the button on the access point (even though both the PBC and PIN methods are enabled) appears under Windows 7, with no option of using the PIN method.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: Forcing WPS PIN method under Windows 7

although it's (de facto) a standard, I've always found it a huge pain in the ass. i don't see no real reason to fuss around with it.
    it's all in the drivers, I guess.
    all they've done is add more complexity and confusion with no means of guaranteeing backwards compatibility (yet promising it's easy to use).
    this is what really pisses people off. not few think they might need a new adapter and if they buy one, it still doesn't work.
    it's crap, that's what it is.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

Re: Forcing WPS PIN method under Windows 7

Why not just set the keys and go? It takes more time to play button tag back and forth with the router.

Comment

Working...
      X