Extreme Network Switch.... Recap!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme Network Switch.... Recap!!!

Received some Extreme Network switches. Feedback from client that it will go Kernel Panic once in a blue moon.. till recently it goes often.

Overall they are gd network equipment..... 1000Mbps ...

Removed from service, she is being wheeled down to my desk for a check,
    Indeed after some minutes of up-time, the switch will "hang".

Open up and see... sighs... lots of Taicon on another board.... and yea... the excitement came when I removed the daughter board.....

you guessed it, Bloated Teapos!!!!
    must be inside contained tea... it dried up and

Order replacement..... Panasonic 1000uF 6.3V 8mm - FR Series...

Fired up the soldering iron..... and changed those craps....

she look pretty now

Fate of the teapo caps....

inside the can of crap.
    Attached Files

Re: Extreme Network Switch.... Recap!!!

Hmm, for decent high end gear, you'd expect more, surely?
    Then again, is Extreme Networks the cheap brand of the high end network world?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by ant3202 View Post
      Fate of the teapo caps....

I sure do hope that yellow container gets emptied into a fire
      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
        Then again, is Extreme Networks the cheap brand of the high end network world?
        Extreme Networks is a mid range brand. They mainly compete on speeds and feeds and lower pricing.

The pictures shown suggest the switches may be used in wiring closets where HVAC may not be present? As such, they are likely running 24x7 in potentially high heat unlike being in a nice AC cooled data center.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Why did you use Nichicon VZ for the small caps? There are much better choices available that last a lot longer...
          "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
            Why did you use Nichicon VZ for the small caps? There are much better choices available that last a lot longer...
            Looks like those were already there.

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post

Originally posted by cheapie View Post
              Looks like those were already there.
              yep... cheapie was right

Comment

Working...
              X