Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beolit 15 doesn’t charging battery

Hi,
    I need your help with Beolit 15 Bluetooth speaker . Works well as long as the battery is charged, on the application shows the battery level, but connected to the outlet the battery does not charge. Tried to find a schematics on the web , but nothing.
    Any ideas , advices ?

Thank you

Re: Beolit 15 doesn't charging battery

I doubt there are any schematics for this outside the Chinese manufacturer... but it should not be that hard.
    Start with the charging port ( micro USB? ). Those are the first thing to fail ( bended pins, broken port, cracked joints, etc. ).
    After that check the charging circuit - usually those are widely available charging ICs, so it will be easy to troubleshoot.
    If the port and the charging circuit seem fine, then just bypass the internal charging hardware with something like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32673171044.html ( if the battery is 2s 7.4v )

Comment

Re: Beolit 15 doesn't charging battery

Hello.
      Well...it is a bit late with reference to the publishing date. But I will do my best to answer:
      BEOLIT15 circuitry is based on Texas Instruments chip set.
      In the case of the charger - they used a synchronous switched mode device.
      From my experience - there is a repetitive issue with the design here causing a cascading failure to the switching transistors (which tend to heat up). From this point on - damage is caused to the charger such that it is unable to develop turn-on voltages to charge the battery. Repair may vary from replacement of the transistors only through replacement of the charger controller and supporting environment. Soldering the charger controller requires good soldering skills as this is a VQFN package and there are no protruding pins to solder.
      There is no point turning to B&O for help...tried it many times...but without having a warranty in place they will not help
      There are no schematics either...In the past B&O published exquisite service manuals that facilitated a fix but no it seems.

Comment

• Bigbom09
        Bigbom09 commented
        Editing a comment
        Teach me how to fix this to get my Beolit15 working again? And what is that piece? Where can I buy it?
    Working...
    X