Rubycon series MHZ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubycon series MHZ ?

Spotted a Rubycon MHZ on an Intel D865GBF (possibly installed on a previous recap). A search on Google reveals several listings on EBay claiming these to be Japanese-made ultra-low ESR capacitors, but no datasheet. A pic is attached - is this genuine Rubycon (maybe OEM only) or a counterfeit?
    Attached Files

Re: Rubycon series MHZ ?

Looks legit. Is that PCMCS's eBay stuff? It seems he bought/buys overstocks and closeouts from the manufacturers. His Yahoo store is capselling.com .

Here's a older thread showing one on an Intel board:
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4724

Toast

edit- another thread: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3467
    Last edited by Toasty; 09-12-2009, 01:56 PM. Reason: another thread w/MHZ
    veritas odium parit

Comment

Thanks - anybody got a datasheet of the Rubycon MHZ? It seems to be an ultra-low ESR aqueous cap with specs similar to a Nichicon HM - other D865GBF boards have a HM of the same value at the same location. The MHZ may well be a special-order series specifically built for Intel/Flextronics/Jabil/...

Comment

14 years later and I still am not finding a datasheet. I guess we were not suppose to have this information as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxguru View Post
          The MHZ may well be a special-order series specifically built for Intel/Flextronics/Jabil/...
          Reminds me of MFZ on XBox motherboards. But I thought I possibly saw one of those on a non-Microsoft motherboard.
          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Most Rubycons beginning with M and ending with Z are used for motherboards.

It's probably in the same line with MBZ, MCZ, but special ordered for specific manufacturers.

holy crap I looked up MCZ on google and my datasheet archive is the first link
            Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
            ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Working...
            X