PHILIPS 42PFL7404 no back-light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PHILIPS 42PFL7404 no back-light

I have a problem with the back-light on a 12-years-old PHILIPS 42PFL7404 TV with DELTA DPS-298 power supply. Screen time is 11000h. A month ago the image started to flicker slightly and after a minute it turned off, but keeping the audio. It was necessary to disconnect from the line to turn it on again, with the same symptoms (Error code:17). The PSU seems to have all the components and welds fine. For a while I ran it without the back cover and it held up well without shutting down. With a heat fan I looked for the susceptible area and found it in the return circuit and supervision of the power supply (everything related to the zener IC953 and the opto PC901); when warming in for 5 " at 100ºC the same phenomenon occurred and it turned off.
    If anyone has had this problem or experience with this power supply I would appreciate an answer.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by biogon; 09-14-2021, 04:52 AM. Reason: more information

Re: PHILIPS 42PFL7404 no back-light

Check the 4 capacitors between the transformer and the backlight output cables.

Comment

Thanks for your answer. I have already checked those 4 HV capacitors and both appearance and value seem correct. These 4 caps according to the scheme are used in the out volt-current-arcs inverter supervision sub-circuits. I have seen PS with caps problems and the look of those capacitors was very bad, but...

Comment

This PSU is used on the 8404 series (42" and larger models) as well. There's an electrolytic cap underneath the tunnelshaped cooling plate, which is known to go bad.
        Not the best place to put an electrolytic cap...

re-atari

Comment

Originally posted by re-atari View Post
          This PSU is used on the 8404 series (42" and larger models) as well. There's an electrolytic cap underneath the tunnelshaped cooling plate, which is known to go bad.
          Not the best place to put an electrolytic cap...

re-atari
          But, when the back-light goes off all the other systems work; audio, tuner, IR remote, led signaling...And the error shown is: (Error code:17) -> back-light problem.

Comment

Originally posted by biogon View Post
            But, when the back-light goes off all the other systems work; audio, tuner, IR remote, led signaling...And the error shown is: (Error code:17) -> back-light problem.
            That cap is in the main line input rectifier.

Comment

Working...
            X