Samsung battery in Xiaomi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung battery in Xiaomi

Hi everyone, I would like to try to use a samsung battery for mi xiaomi mi 9. I had try to buy 3-4 original new battery but all are at 85% of life at NEW!!! So i want to try a Samsung battery replacing the connector with the xiaomi. Now I have a huge problem! I need to know the dimensions of the Samsung to know wich one is compatible. Anyone know where I can find those infos?
    Than you all

Re: Samsung battery in Xiaomi

it's probably a software problem rather than the battery

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      it's probably a software problem rather than the battery
      If I raplace the entire circuit it should be okay, isn't it? a battery is just a battery

Comment

the phone cant read the battery life, it calculates it based on how long it takes to charge and run.
        you need to run the phone for a few days atleast and charge it a few times
        the software needs to calibrate itself

Comment

the phone cant read the battery life, it calculates it based on how long it takes to charge and run.
          you need to run the phone for a few days atleast and charge it a few times
          the software needs to calibrate itself
          I know. I test each of them for weeks.
          Anyone know where can i find the samsung battery dimensions?

Comment

um.. no.
            you never said what samsung battery it was

Comment

um.. no.
              you never said what samsung battery it was
              Sorry I don't understand the last raw

Comment

you are asking the size of samsung battery, you didnt say what phone it is from

Comment

think it must be a mi xiaomi mi 9

Comment

you are asking the size of samsung battery, you didnt say what phone it is from
                    I'm asking for a site/database anythings contains the dimensions of all the Samsung battery (the higher the number the best)

Comment

There is no such thing, try providing more information on the battery you want to replace, ie phone it's from, dominations, type, capacity, voltages, charge characteristics etc. Your request is to vague to give you any useful information.

Comment

It's like saying hey I need a resistor for my LG tv tv but I want a Sony resistor. and no other information.

Comment

Originally posted by brethin View Post
                          It's like saying hey I need a resistor for my LG tv tv but I want a Sony resistor. and no other information.
                          I wrote everythings in the first post. I want to use a Samsung battery for my xiaomi mi 9. I have the current battery dimension. To find the correct samsung battery i need its dimensions. Am I clear? meaby there is a leanguage barrier

Comment

Originally posted by giulio93 View Post
                            I'm asking for a site/database anythings contains the dimensions of all the Samsung battery (the higher the number the best)
                            First of all you need to show a pictures of the battery in question with a ruler for the dimensions of this battery in question and then the dimensions of the battery compartment where the battery is in the device to being with

Most websites for batteries do not give dimensions for batteries once in a while you might see the dimensions more useful is if the battery has numbers on it not the outside wrapping but on the battery it self then you might find a replacement for it however this is not a guarantee that you will find a replacement battery but it does help

Xiaomi MI 9T PRO / REDMI K20 PRO ORIGINAL BATTERY BP40 4000mAh

BP40 is a special type of battery and has a special battery connector that is part of the BMS protection board unless you have experience with plastic flex circuit board soldering this type of circuit board I would just buy a replacement battery it is simpler

There are several different companies that use this battery BP40 but they might use a different plug in type of connector

There might be one of two different issues one that the BMS protection board has issues charging the battery the other one might be a software issue with the phone itself determining the state of battery cell charge or a combination of the two type of issues

You can try this but be careful doing this carefully remove the battery protection board from the original battery and use a 18650 battery if you have one but use a brand name battery something like a Samsung,Panasonic, or Sanyo but with this brand do not use any series that are known to have heater cell issues when the battery nears the end of life

Make sure you know which battery terminals are which positive and negative and you do not want to mix them up when hooking up the BMS protection board it will be fried if hook up wrong

Then hook up this test battery with the BMS protection board to the phone and charge the battery and see if you get better results but I caution you that if not done correctly you might make the phone inoperable please keep this in mind

I have in the past have found that some battery manufacturers especially from China do not always have a good reputation for quality and misrepresented the milliamperes hour rating of these batteries
                            Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 07-29-2022, 05:36 AM.
                            9 PC LCD Monitor
                            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                            30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                            10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                            6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                            1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                            25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                            6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                            1 Dell Mother Board
                            15 Computer Power Supply
                            1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                            2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                            All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
                              First of all you need to show a pictures of the battery in question with a ruler for the dimensions of this battery in question and then the dimensions of the battery compartment where the battery is in the device to being with

Most websites for batteries do not give dimensions for batteries once in a while you might see the dimensions more useful is if the battery has numbers on it not the outside wrapping but on the battery it self then you might find a replacement for it however this is not a guarantee that you will find a replacement battery but it does help

Xiaomi MI 9T PRO / REDMI K20 PRO ORIGINAL BATTERY BP40 4000mAh

BP40 is a special type of battery and has a special battery connector that is part of the BMS protection board unless you have experience with plastic flex circuit board soldering this type of circuit board I would just buy a replacement battery it is simpler

There are several different companies that use this battery BP40 but they might use a different plug in type of connector

There might be one of two different issues one that the BMS protection board has issues charging the battery the other one might be a software issue with the phone itself determining the state of battery cell charge or a combination of the two type of issues

You can try this but be careful doing this carefully remove the battery protection board from the original battery and use a 18650 battery if you have one but use a brand name battery something like a Samsung,Panasonic, or Sanyo but with this brand do not use any series that are known to have heater cell issues when the battery nears the end of life

Make sure you know which battery terminals are which positive and negative and you do not want to mix them up when hooking up the BMS protection board it will be fried if hook up wrong

Then hook up this test battery with the BMS protection board to the phone and charge the battery and see if you get better results but I caution you that if not done correctly you might make the phone inoperable please keep this in mind

I have in the past have found that some battery manufacturers especially from China do not always have a good reputation for quality and misrepresented the milliamperes hour rating of these batteries
                              The phone is a Xiaomi mi 9. the battery is a BM3L. Here the pics. The BMS circuit you are talking about is the one under the tapo on the top of the battery?
                              Thikness 4,1mm
                              Attached Files

Comment

The phone is a Xiaomi mi 9. the battery is a BM3L. Here the pics. The BMS circuit you are talking about is the one under the tapo on the top of the battery?
                                Thikness 4,1mm
                                This does not change what I had said earlier about the connector and the BMS protection board issues

Yes it is under the tape and you need to be very careful removing it because it can be easily torn off of the battery cell depending on how the battery is made or you will tear the plastic circuit board and it would be very hard to repair if it can be repaired

Start on the back end of the battery first then work your way up to the front end of the battery where the connector is just take your time doing it and do not be in a hurry for best results
                                Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 07-29-2022, 01:04 PM.
                                9 PC LCD Monitor
                                6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                1 Dell Mother Board
                                15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

This does not change what I had said earlier about the connector and the BMS protection board issues

Yes it is under the tape and you need to be very careful removing it because it can be easily torn off of the battery cell depending on how the battery is made or you will tear the plastic circuit board and it would be very hard to repair if it can be repaired

Start on the back end of the battery first then work your way up to the front end of the battery where the connector is just take your time doing it and do not be in a hurry for best results
                                  ok but the original problem is still here. i don't know which samsun battery fits in my phone
                                  Last edited by giulio93; 07-29-2022, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Do not worry about that at the moment what you have to find out is if you use another battery that you know is good quality does the phone work correctly because if it does not then all of this would be a waste of time

You need to find out for sure that you do not have a phone software issue because if this is the case there is nothing that you can do about this except send the phone back to the company that you bought it from and fight like hell to get anything from them

I have a feeling that it not just a battery issue but you need to know for sure what the issue or at least I would want to know before I spend the money and time that it going to take to maybe it will make a difference

It could also be a BMS protection board issue but this going to be hard to determine if this is the issue or not
                                    Unless you have a battery testing machine to run test on the battery and the BMS protection board

If you lived in this country I would have suggested that you could send your battery for the phone and I could run some tests on it but unfortunately you do not so this is the reason I have not suggested this

I find that a lot of phone batteries are crap you are lucky if they last a year and really lucky if it lasts two years

Now one option is that if you can carefully remove the BMS protection board from the battery and you do not mind the battery attached to the back of the phone there are plenty of options can be done it just depends if you can put another battery to the BMS protection board and the phone will work correctly on the new battery this is the 64 thousand dollar question because I have tried this in the past and sometimes it works correctly and sometimes it does not

Now if you put a very high amp hour battery to the phone I can tell you that the fuel gauge will not work correctly anymore because most of them calculate the amp hour from current not voltage on the battery this can cause issues by itself
                                    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 07-29-2022, 02:00 PM.
                                    9 PC LCD Monitor
                                    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                    1 Dell Mother Board
                                    15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Do not worry about that at the moment what you have to find out is if you use another battery that you know is good quality does the phone work correctly because if it does not then all of this would be a waste of time

You need to find out for sure that you do not have a phone software issue because if this is the case there is nothing that you can do about this except send the phone back to the company that you bought it from and fight like hell to get anything from them

I have a feeling that it not just a battery issue but you need to know for sure what the issue or at least I would want to know before I spend the money and time that it going to take to maybe it will make a difference

It could also be a BMS protection board issue but this going to be hard to determine if this is the issue or not
                                      Unless you have a battery testing machine to run test on the battery and the BMS protection board

If you lived in this country I would have suggested that you could send your battery for the phone and I could run some tests on it but unfortunately you do not so this is the reason I have not suggested this

I find that a lot of phone batteries are crap you are lucky if they last a year and really lucky if it lasts two years

Now one option is that if you can carefully remove the BMS protection board from the battery and you do not mind the battery attached to the back of the phone there are plenty of options can be done it just depends if you can put another battery to the BMS protection board and the phone will work correctly on the new battery this is the 64 thousand dollar question because I have tried this in the past and sometimes it works correctly and sometimes it does not
                                      I try 5 different original xiaomi battery. So they should have all thr bms board broken, so improbable... i have not software issue. i tested the battery with a tester that give me the mAh absorbed during the charge. I have also formatted the phone

Comment

I try 5 different original xiaomi battery. So they should have all thr bms board broken, so improbable... i have not software issue. i tested the battery with a tester that give me the mAh absorbed during the charge. I have also formatted the phone
                                        It is not the charging amp hours it is the discharging amp hours is what you need to know and if it is a BMS protection board issue then this is going to be hard to deal with depending on how and what type of protection board it is and how it communicate with the charging board on the phone

One note if you were to do what I suggested earlier about getting good quality battery you could very easily hook up a multi meter and check just how much current your phone is using and you might get to the bottom of what going on with your phone

Can you please tell what type of battery tester that you used

Can you go into some details about the issue with these batteries that you have bought for this phone

Also what options do you have active on your phone in the background like WiFi,Bluetooth and so on
                                        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 07-29-2022, 02:15 PM.
                                        9 PC LCD Monitor
                                        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                        1 Dell Mother Board
                                        15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Working...
                                        X