X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp G6 Core i5 turns off after 10 seconds

Hp G6 with intel i5 and discrete AMD Gpu
    Mobo : Quanta R33 DA0R33MB6F1 REV:F
    When turned ON, it stays ON for 10 seconds detects external keyboard and mouse, then turns OFF.
    If i disconnect CMOS battery and press on for 30 seconds, it stays for about 20 seconds and i see the bench psu vary from 1,3A to 1,6A, then OFF
    I have replaced CPU, RAM, PSU, Swapped Mains and Ec Bios, reflow gpu, still exactly the same result.
    Internal KB is not blinking ...
    Any tips my friends ?
    Thanks
    Last edited by passete; 01-13-2017, 02:27 PM.

Re: Hp G6 Core i5 turns off after 10 seconds

Anything on the screen at that time? Stupid question but does your cpu gets fully working rated voltage,PLTRST# signal ok?

Comment

Originally posted by nixi22 View Post
      Anything on the screen at that time? Stupid question but does your cpu gets fully working rated voltage,PLTRST# signal ok?
      I forgot to mention that fan is not spining, also battery (2 tested) seems not to charge.
      Cpu ang Gpu gets warm/hot, i don't know how to check this PLTRST signal.

Comment

22pin of mini pcie connector is where you can find PLTRST signal,also when you mention can you start laptop from battery only,if you can and battery is not charging and fan also not spining it coud be kbc issues.

Comment

22pin of mini pcie connector is where you can find PLTRST signal,also when you mention can you start laptop from battery only,if you can and battery is not charging and fan also not spining it coud be kbc issues.
          You mean a IC near the Pci socket ?
          I have a charged battery and laptop makes the same symptoms, now i have 3 Blinks of cap's lock, but tested 3 working ram's no change.

EDIT: Tested a 3rd Battery and battery is charging, lol previous bat must be dead
          Last edited by passete; 01-14-2017, 08:29 AM.

Comment

If there is "problem" with memory test if memory getting his voltage,also try main bios flash with cuple of dumps which you can find online and see if there is any difference.

Comment

disconnect everything external and try again .

Comment

If there is "problem" with memory test if memory getting his voltage,also try main bios flash with cuple of dumps which you can find online and see if there is any difference.
                When i replaced the cpu, i saw a "ton" really a ton of crapy silver paste all over Gpu and even some near the bga balls, i'm prety sure some of this sh!ty paste is under the bga, i will try washing the mobo with ultrasonic.
                Yeah, i've tested another dump, but not a change, strange thing is that for 2 / 3 times, the mobo stayed ON for long, i had to shut down cause it was getting to hot (fan isn't working), i also replaced the fan, no spining .

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                disconnect everything external and try again .
                I'm working with a naked mobo buddy

Comment

If fan is not spinning at all (even when cpu starts to get hot) trace that fan voltage it coud lead you to your faulty component. Lets hope that termal paste wasn't conductive post results after ultrasonic

Comment

[QUOTE=I'm working with a naked mobo buddy[/QUOTE]

so why is it detecting keyboard and mouse i wonder ?
                    anyway never mind that get the fan running first

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                      so why is it detecting keyboard and mouse i wonder ?
                      anyway never mind that get the fan running first
                      Because it's a usb KB and mouse.
                      can you explain how do i put the fan working please ?
                      Last edited by passete; 01-15-2017, 01:03 PM.

Comment

test the fan to be sure it works first

Comment

I have tested 2 fans, both don't work, 1 is 100% sure working, picked from another mobo.
                          I have added the shematics, maybe an expert could point wich Component to check for fan voltage.
                          Attached Files

Comment

At cn17 (fan connector) check if ther is +5v at pin 1 and FAN_PWM at pin 2

Comment

Pin 1 I have 5V but on PWM Pin 2 0V.
                              If i have 5 volts on Pin 1, why the fan is not spining ?
                              I also notice that on page 32 of schematics that i should have a capacitor on C561, but this placement is empty !
                              Attached Files

Comment

You need to have PWM signal for fan to spin. 5v is just power for fan internal PWM circute,in short: that pulse width of signal is going to determine how long shoud 5v be on and then takes average of that on off state, and you ending up with different voltages (speeds) on fan itself 2,2.5,3,3.7v.... (dc to dc buck converter).That pwm signal is generated by kbc and signal width (speed of fan) will be increased if cpu gets warmer thats how you control speed of fan acording to his temperature,check if kbc gets his power right maybe try to replace him if you have spare kb.Dont worry about that cap it's optional thats why there is * on schematics

Comment

You need to have PWM signal for fan to spin. 5v is just power for fan internal PWM circute,in short: that pulse width of signal is going to determine how long shoud 5v be on and then takes average of that on off state, and you ending up with different voltages (speeds) on fan itself 2,2.5,3,3.7v.... (dc to dc buck converter).That pwm signal is generated by kbc and signal width (speed of fan) will be increased if cpu gets warmer thats how you control speed of fan acording to his temperature,check if kbc gets his power right maybe try to replace him if you have spare kb.Dont worry about that cap it's optional thats why there is * on schematics
                                  Thanks buddy for the explanation.
                                  If i replace the kbc, don't i need to reprogram it ?

Comment

Any time
                                    No you no need to flash it just make sure to replace with right kbc and lets see if fan will work then

Comment

Any time
                                      No you no need to flash it just make sure to replace with right kbc and lets see if fan will work then
                                      Maybe before replacing the Kbc, i can measure pin 26 on U14 to see if i get the PWM voltage ?
                                      Which voltage should i have ?
                                      Thanks
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Change the processor

Comment

Working...
                                        X