Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Replaced LED. Lights on its own but not in the strip

Final note on this tv.

I was given this tv because it had stopped working, the screen had some major scratches on it and it was pretty filthy.

I spent all day trying to fix the darn LED issue. When I was putting it together I decided to clean the screen to see how many big scratches were actually on it.

Thats when I noticed the cracked screen at the bottom of the panel.

No idea if I did it or if it was already there, but Im suspecting the latter.

Time to part it out!

I told my daughter earlier today that I was treating these large pain in the bum tv's as my apprenticeship.

Lesson learned. Clean the damn things before I work on them!

Thanks to all that tried to help this poor newbie. I will learn, it just may take me a while

Till the next time.....

Comment

Hi,
      I have the same problem with my TV (same model). One side darkened last week, to be followed by total darkness only 4 days later.
      Both LED voltages (from power board) is 100V, so I presume I have two failed LEDs, one on each side. (BTW, is there a schematic diagram of this TV available from somewhere?).
      So far I removed the back cover and exposed the wiring, glued with sticky tape.
      I am wandering how to proceed with this, which connector should I disconnect to be able to remove metal frame and get to the LED lamps?
      I am thinking the one that connects main processor with LCD driver board is the best option, not so easy to damage.... Then to unscrew the driver and carefully remove sticky tapes to free the metal frame and remove it.
      Thank you n advance p/advice.
      Bojan Click image for larger version

Name:	c_64.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	3178818

Comment

we all do things different but i lift the black latches on the bottom two ribbon connectors and remove the ribbons.

Comment

Thank you for suggestion :-)
          Yes, it makes sense - driver board is relatively heavy and accidental fall from support while removed from frame may damage the cables..
          I am guessing I will have to consider some sort of suitable tool to disengage the latches, maybe some sort of plastic spatula or something like that.
          I will post about my progress when something happens :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Bojan_s View Post
            Thank you for suggestion :-)
            Yes, it makes sense - driver board is relatively heavy and accidental fall from support while removed from frame may damage the cables..
            I am guessing I will have to consider some sort of suitable tool to disengage the latches, maybe some sort of plastic spatula or something like that.
            I will post about my progress when something happens :-)
            i just lift the black latches using finger nail some people use a plastic tool ( just remember the latches can break easily just take your time )

Comment

Working...
            X