Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razer RZ09-01952 can someone identify what kind of fix has been made here

Hi

I've got another razer laptop I intend to strip for parts. Upon removing the board I've found wires have been soldered between certain points.

I've seen this exact 'fix' on other rz09 laptops. Can anyone identify what this fix does? Is it something to do with the backlight. Unfortunately there is no power to the board. Fuses are ok and there's 20v coming in but no 3.3 or 5v across the two big resistors near the power inlet. No voltage on any of the mosfet pins either.

Here's the pics.

Last edited by Themi; 06-02-2020, 06:01 AM.

Re: Razer RZ09-01952 can someone identify what kind of fix has been made here

after the DCIN connector there are 2 coils & 2 Fets & the CLR can you conform 20V up to CLR

Comment

looks like someone i grabbing voltage and giving it to some points. look in schematic for vhat voltage is grabbing and where it injecting

Comment

Originally posted by techtiger View Post
        after the DCIN connector there are 2 coils & 2 Fets & the CLR can you conform 20V up to CLR
        thanks for trying to help
        I ended up selling the laptop to a friend who wanted it to attempt a repair. It helps my funding situation so I will leave it with him for now. I passed what you said to him and told him about this thread.

btw I found out that this 'fix' is from the razer factory!

Comment

Working...
        X