Strange fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange fault

I know this may sound strange but I've been given something very strange to repair by a customer, of which is actually a vibrator!

The problem is that upon opening there appears to be some liquid ingress damage. There are several resistor and caps that I've already replaced. There is also a processor but I think this will have some firmware so will be unable to just replace it.

The fault is causing the unit too gyrate back and forward at a random rate.

any ideas please?

Re: Strange fault

pictures. (of the board!!)
    and get the instructions - that may be normal.
    i cant see why you need an mcu unless something is timed or varied in some way.

Comment

Hehe

The other strange thing is that the camera at the tip of it appears to be recording intermittent video when the gyrating start becoming random.

I will get some pictures of PCB.

Comment

yuck! i wouldnt repair such a thing esp. since there's "liquid ingress damage" coz that is either real girl goo or some kind of ky jelly lubricant they used. make sure u use gloves when handling and servicing that thing. dont wanna catch any stds from that! haha!

Comment

The fault is causing the unit too gyrate back and forward at a random rate
          When you say THE UNIT, do you mean the USER of the device?

Comment

Nasty, but he is a Scott they love nasty.��

Comment

Originally posted by auditheman View Post
              Hehe

The other strange thing is that the camera at the tip of it appears to be recording intermittent video when the gyrating start becoming random.

I will get some pictures of PCB.
              well that sounds like a break in a wire.

Comment

Working...
              X