Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > General Electronics Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2021, 06:29 AM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2017
City & State: My Room
My Country: Malta
Line Voltage: 230VAC 50Hz
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 189
Default My Uni-T died... looking for a replacement

Hello people, hope you are all doing well!

I have a lovely Uni-T UT139C, which I've used during the past couple years, but has unfortunately died on me. It comes up with an ErrE error, and upon a quick search, it seems to be related to communication with the main chip (or the chip itself).

Putting it aside for the time being, I need a replacement (then possibly trying to repair this Uni-T later). And this is where I need your suggestions, because, I'm not an electronics person, but rather an IT one. I am occasionally doing basic electronic component repair to laptop boards, and occasionally trying to repair electronics on random devices for fun... time permitting!

I'll be honest, the features of the UT139C are far from what I've ever used, and probably also far from what I will ever use. So my question is, which brand/model do you suggest for my needs? Unfortunately I've had a no brand multimeter that worked for years before the Uni-T, so I'm naturally questioning the reliability of Uni-T... although this could very well be bad luck (just like with any other machine).

DanFen is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump Technical Forums © 2003 - 2023
Powered by vBulletin ®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:16 PM.
Did you find this forum helpful?