ezp2010 eeprom programmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ezp2010 eeprom programmer

does anyone have this programmer and know how to use it?,i cant seem to get my head around it!,im messing around with a 24c--- eprom chip to try this machine out but totally lost on how to program it,i got a .bin file which has the firmware on it , but the file seems too big,any ideas?
    fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
    please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Re: ezp2010 eeprom programmer

Sure its a EPROM ? They usually start with 27Cxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Northen View Post
      Sure its a EPROM ? They usually start with 27Cxxxx
      the actual one i need to rewrite is SPI Flash eprom 25X32VSIG,i was mucking around with the 24c etc trying to work out this programmer,trouble is i have a .bin file with the firmware on, but the programmer says that the file is too big,so i dont know what file to convert it to, or even how to convert it,and then how to put it into the programmer and get it onto the chip,this is a new avenue for me,so its all a bit vague,
      fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

24c,93c = Serial EEPROM, small, usually used to store configuration information that changes often
        25x = Serial FLASH ROM, large, usually used to store ROM images that don't change often

W25X32 = 32M-bit = 4 MiB.
        24C1024 = 1M-bit = 128KiB
        24C02 = 2K-bit = 256 bytes

How big is the firmware image? I'm guessing 4MiB from the Serial FLASH part. The biggest Serial EEPROM I can find isn't nearly large enough and a Serial EEPROM won't sub for a Serial FLASH.

I'm guessing you're trying this with the most common 24C, the 24C02. This is a 2 kilobit chip containing 256 bytes.

Find the size of your parts and the size of your file. The size problem should become obvious.
        sig files are for morons

Comment

the file size is 4,096kb the chip is 25X32VSIG, will look up to find the data sheet in a while to find the size,are these chips available as "blanks"?,im in the uk,as i say the programming side is new to me!

Comment

The only chips I can find with the VSIG suffix are by Winbond. To keep the chips straight the manufacturer's initials are often tacked on the front of the part number. In this case:

25X32VSIG -> W25X32VSIG

In my GQ-4X:

(*) Serial EEPROM -> Winbond -> W25X32VSIG

The W25X32VSIG looks like a 200mil SOIC-8W. Do you have the adapter? A SOIC-8 150mil adapter may look the same but won't fit.
            sig files are for morons

Comment

Originally posted by severach View Post
              The only chips I can find with the VSIG suffix are by Winbond. To keep the chips straight the manufacturer's initials are often tacked on the front of the part number. In this case:

25X32VSIG -> W25X32VSIG

In my GQ-4X:

(*) Serial EEPROM -> Winbond -> W25X32VSIG

The W25X32VSIG looks like a 200mil SOIC-8W. Do you have the adapter? A SOIC-8 150mil adapter may look the same but won't fit.
              yes your right,its the only one i can find too by windbond, the actual manufacturer mark on my chip is, CSI,and its a soic-8 package,i dont have that adapter no,but i have 2 adapters where you can direct solder the chip to it to program it,i havent removed the chip from the board yet,im hoping to be able to erase the chip and re program it,i have the data sheet ,but im not sure how to erase the chip,the data sheet sayes that the wp pin needs to be run high ,so im not quite sure

Comment

Hi multimeter

I am also in the UK all the programer sockets and softwre and GQ-4X can be got hereplus plenty of info.

http://www.eeprom-programmers.co.uk/

Comment

Soldering a SOIC-8 chip may be easy but not so easy that I'd solder it to a board for programming.

If you were a chip or board designer then the write protect pin would be important. Your ezp2010 will be handling that. Look for the erase function in your ezp2010 software.
                  sig files are for morons

Comment

Good morning ,I'm using ezp2010 programmer, its showing no programmer link connected

Comment

Working...
                    X