Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Intel Chipset/Dell Design inquiry Optiplex 7050 Micro

Hello,
    For reference, I am using the schematics of a Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro, D24M8, and will include them in the post if I can (I am a new member, so I'm not quite certain if it's against the rules or possible atm).

My question, what are the prerequisites for the PCH to output CPUPWRGD? I have a board that won't assert the signal, even though I have all prerequisite signals listed on the power sequence map, and I have confirmed all crystals are oscillating at proper frequencies as stated on the CLK diagram. The PCH has been replaced, and a known good SPI is flashed and installed. No dice. After hours of probing and reading correct values, I chalked it up to some internal trace damage and called it a day. But now, it's haunting me that I couldn't actually confirm the issue. Is there a possible timing issue involved? I've checked that the sleep signals are asserting at proper timing intervals with my oscilloscope but it seems like there's no obvious issues like ripple or signal assertion delays from what I can see. Is there anything I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated, including but not limited to posting in the proper threads
    Attached Files

Re: General Intel Chipset/Dell Design inquiry

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by lustre View Post
      The PCH has been replaced, and a known good SPI is flashed and installed. No dice.
      What do you mean by known good SPI, the chip or a bios dump .Did you make a backup of the original bios, did you try cleaning the ME firmware. Whenever a PCH is replaced the ME FW needs cleaning
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        What do you mean by known good SPI, the chip or a bios dump .Did you make a backup of the original bios, did you try cleaning the ME firmware. Whenever a PCH is replaced the ME FW needs cleaning
        I have a new SPI chip installed and a factory .BIN image installed. I cleaned the image using the steps from the ME clean thread, and I've used this clean image to flash every board that has a corrupt BIOS without issues. It seems to be board specific.
        Last edited by lustre; 03-24-2023, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Re: General Intel Chipset/Dell Design inquiry Optiplex 7050 Micro

Hey guys,

Still no luck with the board with that problem, but I did find the answer to the question I asked about CPUPWRGD, so I figured I'd share with you guys. It's on the attached PNG

Thanks nonetheless!
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X