X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Elitebook x360 1030 G3 - clean dump needed

Hi,
    Long story short - BIOS update from Windows Update went sideways
    Notebook is turning on, but it has a "bios update loop". I`ve tried bios crisis/recovery/repair magic tricks (Win+B, Win+V, USB recovery disk etc) nothing helped.
    So, i need clean dump, without passwords to reprogram my eeprom again. Can somebody help me?
    Thanks

Re: HP Elitebook x360 1030 G3 - clean dump needed

Originally posted by szogun View Post
    Hi,
    Long story short - BIOS update from Windows Update went sideways
    Notebook is turning on, but it has a "bios update loop". I`ve tried bios crisis/recovery/repair magic tricks (Win+B, Win+V, USB recovery disk etc) nothing helped.
    So, i need clean dump, without passwords to reprogram my eeprom again. Can somebody help me?
    Thanks
    Post your corrupt bios file here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
      Post your corrupt bios file here.
      Here you go
      Attached Files

Comment

Here you go
        Here's your new file, try it and give me the results.
        Attached Files
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        all donations are welcome,
        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
        >>>>>
        click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
        Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
          Here's your new file, try it and give me the results.
          Thank you, but it didn't help. Actually quite opposite, because now i have no video signal, batttery LED blinks very fast and Caps Lock LED is on

Comment

Thank you, but it didn't help. Actually quite opposite, because now i have no video signal, batttery LED blinks very fast and Caps Lock LED is on
            HP EliteBook x360 1030 G3 Notebook PC latest bios
            Serial : 5CD029FFDJ
            Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Unfortunately still no luck - Caps Lock blinks 7 times. AFAIK, this means that Sure Start is unable to find valid BIOS Boot Block image.

Comment

HP Elitebook x360 1030 G3 Clean Dump

Hi,

I have a HP Elitebook x360 here, that shows a weird behavior. When it starts the fans keep ramping up. The screen works and shows a small cursor on the upper left corner. After one minute or so it starts so I can enter the BIOS.
                When a SSD is attached it simply restarts when it tries to boot. When no SSD is attached it tries to boot PXE.
                I already tried to reset security settings and update the BIOS. My next thought is eighter a clean rewrite of the BIOS or that some electronics are faulty and I have to replace the mainboard.
                Can anybody make a clean image for me? Files are attached.

Thanks for your help
                Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP Elitebook x360 1030 G3 Clean Dump

Originally posted by filewalker View Post
                  Hi,

I have a HP Elitebook x360 here, that shows a weird behavior. When it starts the fans keep ramping up. The screen works and shows a small cursor on the upper left corner. After one minute or so it starts so I can enter the BIOS.
                  When a SSD is attached it simply restarts when it tries to boot. When no SSD is attached it tries to boot PXE.
                  I already tried to reset security settings and update the BIOS. My next thought is eighter a clean rewrite of the BIOS or that some electronics are faulty and I have to replace the mainboard.
                  Can anybody make a clean image for me? Files are attached.

Thanks for your help
                  HP EliteBook x360 1030 G3 Notebook PC
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                    HP EliteBook x360 1030 G3 Notebook PC
                    Thank you hoaca388,

unfortunately I just had a black screen. No fans starting, only the LED on the keyboard lit up.

Comment

Originally posted by filewalker View Post
                      Thank you hoaca388,

unfortunately I just had a black screen. No fans starting, only the LED on the keyboard lit up.
                      What is your programming hardware and software?
                      In my case, fault was on Asprogrammer.
                      After writing bin file, delivered by hoaca388 with Neoprogrammer, my notebook started to work and everything is fine.
                      Thank you hoaca388 for your help. I owe you a big cup of coffe or glass of beer.
                      KUDOS

Comment

hi i need clean me region bios for my x360 1030 g3 , here is my orignal dump with 40 seconds late display
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zszahid View Post
                          hi i need clean me region bios for my x360 1030 g3 , here is my orignal dump with 40 seconds late display
                          Here's your Clean file.
                          Attached Files
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                          >>>>>

Comment

thanx dear

Comment

I dont know if i am suppose to request for this here. i have hp x360 1030 g3 here stuck at bios update. i attached an image for better description.

will really appreciate it if anyone could help fix this
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tjaytony View Post
                                I dont know if i am suppose to request for this here. i have hp x360 1030 g3 here stuck at bios update. i attached an image for better description.

will really appreciate it if anyone could help fix this
                                Your Backup file is messy, try to read it again correctly.
                                Do you remember what was your BIOS Version before update? Also write your Device Serial Number.
                                >>>>>

Comment

Your Backup file is messy, try to read it again correctly.
                                  Do you remember what was your BIOS Version before update? Also write your Device Serial Number.
                                  i felt it was messy also cus of the size. i read it again anyways. its a 32mb bin. after compression i get 333kb file.
                                  here is the backup after reading it again.

the serial number is : 5CD9237B5Q
                                  And its a customer's device, so i dont know the bios version before this error.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

i felt it was messy also cus of the size. i read it again anyways. its a 32mb bin. after compression i get 333kb file.
                                    here is the backup after reading it again.

the serial number is : 5CD9237B5Q
                                    And its a customer's device, so i dont know the bios version before this error.
                                    The compressed file size for 32MB .bin file should be more than 9MB.
                                    Which Programmer do you use to read the Chip? Do you use a clip or de-solder the Chip?
                                    >>>>>

Comment

The compressed file size for 32MB .bin file should be more than 9MB.
                                      Which Programmer do you use to read the Chip? Do you use a clip or de-solder the Chip?
                                      i disoldered the chip. should i just upload the bin file. or you could just extract the one i sent to you. its a 32mb bin file inside.

i am also surprised that after compressing the bin file i get 333kb zip file. i have read the chip several times and compressed it. its the same zip size i get. i even compressed it to 7zip format. i get 111kb file instead.

and i am using an EZ2019 programmer
                                      Last edited by Tjaytony; 03-24-2023, 12:22 PM.

Comment

i disoldered the chip. should i just upload the bin file. or you could just extract the one i sent to you. its a 32mb bin file inside.

i am also surprised that after compressing the bin file i get 333kb zip file. i have read the chip several times and compressed it. its the same zip size i get. i even compressed it to 7zip format. i get 111kb file instead.

and i am using an EZ2019 programmer
                                        I know that your file is 32MB but it shouldn't be less than 1MB after compressing. I don't use EZ2019, maybe someone else can gives you any hints for that Programmer.
                                        >>>>>

Comment

Working...
                                        X