X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell Latitude 5430, LA-L591P Computrace setting unlock

Originally posted by Fixit2022 View Post
    here is the correctly bios
    try. 1st boot press F2, write Service Tag, disable Absolute, save, restart. 2nd boot press alt+F to exit manufacturing mode.
    Attached Files
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    all donations are welcome,
    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
    >>>>>
    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I accidentally soldered the chip the wrong way around and now the notebook no longer starts no light nothing I just broke the chip or is the whole notebook defective.

Comment

I accidentally soldered the chip the wrong way around and now the notebook no longer starts no light nothing I just broke the chip or is the whole notebook defective.
        it happens again...put it back correctly and see what happens..maybe you'll be lucky...
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Comment

Unfortunately not. When I press the power button, the orange light lights up very briefly and nothing else happens. Is it possible to solder in another BIOS chip?

Comment

Can I install this chip W25Q256JVEQ Flash IC or does it have to be exactly the W25Q256JVEN that is installed?

Comment

Can I install this chip W25Q256JVEQ Flash IC or does it have to be exactly the W25Q256JVEN that is installed?
              yep, it's ok.
              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
              >>>>>

Comment

hello, me too, i need help for:

laptop / DELL LATITUDE 5430 /
                motherboard / HDB42 LA-L591P Rev:1.0(A00) /
                cpu / INTEL 12TH GEN /

service tag / #9X9BRQ3-8FC8
                spi chip / WINBOND 32MB@WSON8

thanks.
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-30-2023, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moh.Jr.Boudali View Post
                  hello, me too, i need help for:

laptop / DELL LATITUDE 5430 /
                  motherboard / HDB42 LA-L591P Rev:1.0(A00) /
                  cpu / INTEL 12TH GEN /

service tag / #9X9BRQ3-8FC8
                  spi chip / WINBOND 32MB@WSON8

thanks.
                  try. 1st boot press F2, write Service Tag, disable Absolute, save, restart. 2nd boot press alt+F to exit manufacturing mode.
                  Attached Files
                  >>>>>

Comment

Hello! I've got a locked Dell Latitude 5430 as well.
                    Admin password and Dell SafeBIOS enabled
                    Latitude 5430 / LA-L591P
                    Winbond 25Q256JVEN flash
                    Locked dump is attached. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wasabilera View Post
                      Hello! I've got a locked Dell Latitude 5430 as well.
                      Admin password and Dell SafeBIOS enabled
                      Latitude 5430 / LA-L591P
                      Winbond 25Q256JVEN flash
                      Locked dump is attached. Thanks!
                      Here's your Unlocked Bios, hope it works fine.
                      Attached Files
                      >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                        Here's your Unlocked Bios, hope it works fine.
                        Hi, thanks for the file. With the new file flashed, I'm getting no power on the laptop and only an amber light when the button is held. I double checked the orientation of the SPI flash chip when resoldering it.

I only see 4 bytes of difference between the original and new files. Is that expected for this model?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wasabilera View Post
                          Hi, thanks for the file. With the new file flashed, I'm getting no power on the laptop and only an amber light when the button is held. I double checked the orientation of the SPI flash chip when resoldering it.

I only see 4 bytes of difference between the original and new files. Is that expected for this model?

Thanks!
                          check well the soldering bin that the hardware friend gave you is correct, check if you blew any resistor or capacitor near the bios... if you are not sure upload an image of the bios chip and its surrounding components

Comment

Got it. Turns out I didn't have the wson-8 SPI chip aligned quite right. I removed and resoldered the IC on, and now the laptop is functioning great!

Thanks for the help!

Comment

bios with admin lock , Please Unlock
                              Dell Latitude 5430
                              8FC8
                              Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by biniu1978 View Post
                                bios with admin lock , Please Unlock
                                Dell Latitude 5430
                                8FC8
                                Thank You
                                Your Backup is not good, try to read it again correctly.
                                >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                                  Your Backup is not good, try to read it again correctly.
                                  Please try now. Thank You
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Please try now. Thank You
                                    It's the same file.
                                    Which programmer do you use? Are you using a clip or de-soldering the Chip?
                                    >>>>>

Comment

de-soldering chip. try reading a few times and same result
                                      programmer is TL866 II Plus

Comment

de-soldering chip. try reading a few times and same result
                                        programmer is TL866 II Plus
                                        Attach a clear image for your Chip or what is written on it. Did you choose the same name of the Chip when you try to read it or auto detect?
                                        >>>>>

Comment

my chip is - 25Q256JVEN

and my programmer have only that option - reading all same.
                                          see picture
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X