Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howto open schuco rubber plug

Oh, sadly it has no screw...
    What is the proper way to open this so that not destroy rubber?
    I feel if go on forward with not knowledge howto open, that it be broken rubber seal on it.
    Attached Files

Re: Howto open schuco rubber plug

it looks like it was molded over the cable & core

maybe if the earth can be unclipped from the center you could pull out the core

Comment

Cable is not original (it is gap between), it is some diy transformer from scratch...
      I try to pull ground earth pin, he is moving but it stuck on position.
      I try to push into hole, on side, up down anywhere, but nothing move nor ground pin deatach. So if some know the trick, or video showing that, I waiting

Comment

I haven’t seen this style of plug coming apart yet. Plus if the is a rubber core sticking into a rubber housing, good luck getting this apart.

Comment

The core of connector (light color) is of standard hard plastic like usual, I suppose there is inside a standard way to connect wire with screws. Rubber over core is can move, but not deatach till earth pin is there (I hope so it is not broken in this process, because it is only way to open).

When I knew the principe what must be done to dossasemble that plug, I try my best, maybe is some broken latch inside or somehow stuck...

Comment

logically the inner core must have a lip or barb to lock into the rubber outer part
            maybe just prying the core out with small screwdrivers will work

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
              logically the inner core must have a lip or barb to lock into the rubber outer part
              Yes it has big inner lip, but it also locked in place with earth pin who overlaping rubber on both side that cannot acidently slip out.
              Without removing the earth pin there is no chanse to stretch rhe rubber out of this inner lip.

I think that this tipe of plug is common on outdor aplication around the house, or in garage, some watter and force (smash) resistance is characteristic for rubber, but I see that is like unique nobody know how to get in...

Before I post here, I was thrully try to pry this plug, with all tools and technique... but I know where to stop. You see that earth pin is bent, and it is time when I stop, and ask here, I beleave ther is a simple catch how to open this, but it is not intuitive.

Maybe it is single use, that permanently clip on first time setup on place...

Comment

Inside the hole there is a white rounded plastic thing, that is not connected on either side (I can put screwdriver by it side), but nothing happens, I try to pull up earth pin...
                Try to push it, also nothing... cant grab it or hook it, it is deep in hole.

I dont understand why somebody designed thing like this... it is waste of resources.
                Attached Files

Comment

i think you can pull the core out without touching the earth contact.
                  the stuff in the hole is glue - probably to keep water out

Comment

Even if you get the earth clips out, what are you hoping to pull out the end? The core/transformer looks bigger than the opening.
                    The earth pin looks like a latch or glue is down there. I would use a dental pick to try get it out, or drill it to see what it is.

Comment

no,
                      on a schuko the earth is duel standard
                      in france the socket has a pin that goes into that hole,
                      in germany the side clips are earth
                      that contact assembly is connected to the earth wire

Comment

Hit up Palazzoli and ask them how the fuck you take it apart and why it's not in the product datasheet.

Comment

i already saw that datasheet!
                          they have a utube channel too.

Comment

Thank you all for information, I write this mail:
                            Till now nothing answer received...

--------
                            date: 19.12.2022 11:41
                            subject: schuko-plug-in-rubber-ip44 question

Hello,
                            I need information about your product schuko rubber plug ip44:

https://www.palazzoli.com/en/product...in-rubber-ip44

To be precise, I dont know how to open it. I have that plug on old cable and want to replace them, so asking a detailed instruction how to take it apart, because it is not mentioned in your product datasheet.

Thank you!
                            ----------

I think that one week of ignorring in bussines world mean "you are so irrelevant to us, screw you"...

Is... is it time for magic touch or what?

Comment

I am curious on this outcome.

Comment

here you can see the outcome...*certainly*I will remember*Palazzoli... the highly trained engineers and standards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDcJA0kaFuA
                                Opening the Palazzoli mystical schuko plug

Comment

you dont use earth wires in your country??

obviously water ran down the cable into the plug,
                                  thats why i only use CEE type connectors outdoors.

Comment

Good going harp!

Comment

LOL that video reminds me of what I had to do to open a rubber grip CFL (PL13) work lamp to access the inverter board... took ages to get the core out of the rubber boot so that I could replace... bad caps... on the board (doubler caps, oddly enough, these were charging at 60Hz though discharging at KHz...)

Comment

Working...
                                      X