This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Hall of Shame - Badcaps Photo Montage

If a large can capacitor (like the Elna a few posts ago) feels lighter than expected, you could have a fake on your hands.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

in my case fake ELNA is very weight, because inside them filling up with something like bitumen / asphalt that stinky.

Comment

Here are some good ones...
        The first two are a FU-YU and a Jackcon pulled from an Emerson ghetto blaster that was made in 1999. I think the first brand nane would be more appropriate if they left out the first U.
        Next, there is a JEC that was pulled from a set of computer speakers. I measured 11.38V across it, and it is only rated for 10V.
        Finally, there is another set of computer speakers that is full of Fujicon caps. The two that are bad are the output coupling caps.
        Attached Files

Comment

I just remembered that every Fujicon cap except for the four 0.47uF 50V caps were bad. I don't have an ESR tester, but they all had very low capacitance. The 0.47uF caps gave me the correct capacitance value.

Comment

Skywell caps are bad too. I should be able to provide a picture. Should I?

Comment

Successful recap-Dell Dimension E521. Rubycon 6.3/1800 MCZ's with some Pannys

edit: Yes I know its an nvidia 6 chipset with some KGZ's. but if the thing has lasted this long with a COMPLETELY blocked airflow, those KGZ's are probably going to be OK. Most of them are under 470uf, everything else is rubycons (except for the pannys I put in)
              Attached Files
              Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
              ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

And you're calling other people nerds?
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...2&postcount=12
                -
                WATCH OUT! - This guy is a nerdist!
                Mann-Made Global Warming.
                - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                -
                You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                -

Comment

its sarcasm. get used to it

i'm a nerd too, but not like you. You make money, have better equipment, have much more XP, have gotten laid

Comment

Smithfield (90nm) Pentium D's in an SFF case can apparently kill a Rubycon:

Also some swelled up KZJ's.

It's an SFF Dell Optiplex 745.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I'd say it's time for a poly-mod.
                      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Sorry, new here, but I presume you're saying I should replace them with polymers?

I'm definitely going to upgrade to Core 2 if I resuscitate this thing. An E6300 is $30 used and is faster, uses less power, and runs cooler.
                        Last edited by B757; 07-15-2011, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Yes, I meant replace with polymers.

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by B757 View Post
                            Smithfield (90nm) Pentium D's in an SFF case can apparently kill a Rubycon:

Also some swelled up KZJ's.

It's an SFF Dell Optiplex 745.
                            Another explanation: The KZJs bulged (they have heat issues) and the Rubycon took all the ripple... Combine that with the heat of the Pentium D in as SFF case and here is what made it fail.

Comment

As far as I know legitimate MCZ come in black with gold lettering, not black with white lettering.
                              May have been previously recapped by someone that got counterfeit caps on ebay.

-
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                              -
                              You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                              -

Comment

No, MCZs do also come in black and white like B757's board. I have seen it and so has topcat. My guess would be that the black and white ones are
                                from a Malaysian or other non-japan rubycon factory.

Comment

Unless the vents are shaped like these.
                                  http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Rubycon-6-3V...item53e79d0c90

There is too much crud on that cap to see the shape of the vent.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                  -
                                  -

Comment

those are so fake its funny, it looks like they're not even trying, look at that one with the label pulled up almost all the way up

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
                                      those are so fake its funny, it looks like they're not even trying, look at that one with the label pulled up almost all the way up
                                      Not to mention the wrong vent.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                      -
                                      -

Comment

These are 250V 150UF Samyoung caps in a plasma TV.

I didn't notice the bulgy ones until I looked at them at a low angle.
                                        When I put a straight edge across them they were bulging the thickness of the plastic sleeve.

Comment

KZG caps from a Biostar S939 mobo

Comment

Working...
                                          X