This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESR meter upgrades

you solder the 6pin / 10pin header to some pins under the socket and hook the usb programmer to it.

then you open a shell / console with avrdude installed.
    https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...0e8896b305.pdf

and type or cut-n-paste this.
    avrdude -c USBasp -P usb -p m328p -U flash:w:TransistorTester.hex \-U eeprom:w:TransistorTester.eep \-U lfuse:w:0xf7:m \-U hfuse:w:0xd9:m \-U efuse:w:0xfc:m
    that's all.
    Last edited by stj; 04-02-2016, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      you solder the 6pin / 10pin header to some pins under the socket and hook the usb programmer to it.

then you open a shell / console with avrdude installed.
      https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...0e8896b305.pdf

and type or cut-n-paste this.

that's all.
      I must have been editing my last while you were replying.
      I sure appreciate your help, I'll have to do some reading up on avrdude.

Comment

can you ask the sellers for a copy of the makefile.
        they are obliged to share it under the open-source license anyway.

i want to compare it to the one i just put together.

Comment

can you ask the sellers for a copy of the makefile.
          they are obliged to share it under the open-source license anyway.

i want to compare it to the one i just put together.
          I'm afraid I can't - the last time I sent an email trying to get help from them they sent it back as undeliverable, before that they (she? I suspect it's a one person operation) was non-responsive to my questions and there were no links listed for either troubleshooting,
          faqs or software for it. At the end of calibration it says it's v 1.12. Here's a link if you want to have a look around:

http://electronics-diy.com/store.php...&sub=esr_meter

Comment

there are currently 664 versions of v1.12k

Comment

there are currently 664 versions of v1.12k
              No kidding? Where they at? (just kidding) Any of the titles sound even vaguely related to electronics-diy?

Comment

i mean sequential updates on each other!
                https://github.com/svn2github/transistortester

Comment

i now have a test-build for e-diy, let me know when you have a cpu & crystal
                  you may want to replace the regulator with a MCP1702-5002E/TO aswell

Comment

i now have a test-build for e-diy, let me know when you have a cpu & crystal
                    you may want to replace the regulator with a MCP1702-5002E/TO aswell
                    Cool! Where did you find that at? Is it much, or any, different from what's initially running on the newer ones (like you've got)?

Anyway, thanks, it'll probably be a few weeks before I'm set to update this thing

Comment

i didnt find it, i made notes from the crappy schematic and then adapted the makefile to get close to it.

16x2 lcd
                      no contrast control
                      no power control
                      no crystal
                      strip-grid pinout
                      no v-ref
                      bat monitor is standard.

Comment

i didnt find it, i made notes from the crappy schematic and then adapted the makefile to get close to it.

Most ingenious; however, I was hoping you'd found your way into the inner realms of e-diy. Oh well, probably not missing much...

Actually, there is a contrast pot, it's called p1 and is 10k

Comment

i know that, the note was refering to software control.

Comment

i know that, the note was refering to software control.
                            Oops, beg your problem...

I'm curious, does that (contrast info) go in the file and it may be commented out, or not, depending on the kind of LCD it has? just wondering how different the software is between the two versions of meter.

Comment

if you downloaded any of those zip's - look at the included makefile for the options.

Comment

if you downloaded any of those zip's - look at the included makefile for the options.
                                I think I have a mental block or something, it all looks rather daunting, what with three different kinds of files that all seem somehow to be related to the actual program, if it wasn't for utube I don't think I'd have any chance at all of ever getting any thing programmed, at least not without going back to school.

That being said, I got an Arduino Uno so I'm wondering what you think of this link:

http://www.instructables.com/id/AVR-...-gcc/?ALLSTEPS

I figure it would be handy to have the means to make some kind of custom controller set up for a few motion sensors and cameras once I'm thru messing with the
                                esr meter.
                                Last edited by xelectech; 04-05-2016, 05:22 AM.

Comment

if you want to learn to program wih an arduino,
                                  first rule - dont play around, take it serious.

learn some C and go here:
                                  http://www.codeblocks.org/

when you run out of power (your arduino that is!), get one of these 32bit monsters:
                                  http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/...N1847/PF262063
                                  they only cost $10 !!!

Comment

if you want to learn to program wih an arduino,
                                    first rule - dont play around, take it serious.

when you run out of power (your arduino that is!), get one of these 32bit monsters:
                                    http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/...N1847/PF262063
                                    they only cost $10 !!!
                                    Let me guess, the more I play around the more costly it'll be? Anyway, thanks for the links,
                                    seems odd that a 32 bit controller can be so cheap, it doesn't look like they're from China.

Comment

no, $10 gets you a 32bit board with built in usb programmer / debugging port.
                                      all software is free.

it's simple, ST is making the boards to sell at cost to get designers to design stuff with their chips and not atmel or TI's
                                      $17 get's one much more powerfull with 144pins and onboard ethernet!!!
                                      not that most people would use either - so go with a $10 type.

Comment

opto-isolater adapter just got posted
                                        Attached Files

Comment

i'm not sure why 3 people downloaded the T4 code without posting answers to my questions afterwards - that code is not tuned or complete!
                                          I'm very keen to upgrade to your T4 code and provide answer. Can it work on my "LCR-T4 Graphical Multi-Function Tester"?

It display "MTester" only, no version number, no branding, no words, letters or numbers to ID it... like a nameless clone of a clone.

I also ordered a 40cents rotary encoder:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-...655246773.html
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by bc989; 04-29-2016, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X