Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mec 16xx dump with info block

Hi!
    I have a ThinkPad X270 with a bricked EC image after a bad flash under Windows, I have a svod4 programmer but I can't seem to be able to read the MEC1653, I tried using the 32-pin keyboard connector after taking out R182 but I still can't read it, is there any test points I can use to hook it up directly? I'm a bit confused after reading the whole thread...

Comment

Originally posted by jetseth View Post
      Hi!
      I have a ThinkPad X270 with a bricked EC image after a bad flash under Windows, I have a svod4 programmer but I can't seem to be able to read the MEC1653, I tried using the 32-pin keyboard connector after taking out R182 but I still can't read it, is there any test points I can use to hook it up directly? I'm a bit confused after reading the whole thread...
      make a clear photo of your board near EC and model of board
      Kill the state in yourself and you will be free like a wind...

Comment

Originally posted by mazoot View Post
        make a clear photo of your board near EC and model of board
        Here you go, NM-B061 Rev. 0.4
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by anhbanxoi View Post
          Yes, somebody connected like the attachment photo.
          Hi, I've a X1 Yoga Gen 5 as well. May I know what is the cheapest programmer that I can use to do this? I need to remove the SVP as well.

Sorry, I'm totally new here and don't have any experience in this. Please help a total beginner. Cheers.

Comment

Also, can somebody tell me which one is the 10k resistor? How do you take it off and put back in? Do I have to solder it back in? Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

You don't take it off, you move it to the correct position. By soldering.

Comment

Any idea which is the 10k resistor to move? Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by greymind View Post
                  Any idea which is the 10k resistor to move? Cheers
                  measure this one, if 10K, then it must be that
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by dimah77; 02-12-2023, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Thank, when I tried to measure it, I just realised that this maybe out of my league. The actual resistor is so small compared to the photo. I may not have the right tool to do that.

I'll see if my mate can help with that. Thanks.

Comment

found some infos for unlocking mec 1663 especially when the mec blocks cant be read
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyJhlwxCI5w&t=1314s

Comment

today i have followed this video i have posted my Mec1663 was locked i could only read the the id of the chip. and doing what the guy explained on the video i managed to read the chip and all information on it and unlock the bios with my SVOD4 ,only had to read the 2k eepron of the mec erased it and restarted , bios password gone

Comment

@couillu76
                          today i have followed this video i have posted my Mec1663 was locked i could only read the the id of the chip. and doing what the guy explained on the video i managed to read the chip and all information on it and unlock the bios with my SVOD4 ,only had to read the 2k eepron of the mec erased it and restarted , bios password gone

I have done all changes , pullup resiostors and the same situation

can only READID , no data

thank you for help

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
                            I want to share my 1st experience with MEC1663 from Yoga X1 4th gen.

Many thanks to AAAC, RethoricalCheese, EvilBzyk, their shared knowledge helped me a lot.

1. Connected jtag pins as in picture, no pull up resistor needed. Moved 10k resistor from pull-down to pull-up. Chose MEC1633#ISP. power on motherboard.
                            2. Got message "Chip may be damaged or encrypted, the data is not valid" I did try other options, MEC1653#ISP, MEC1633_256k, same result.
                            3. I hit "Erase" and laptop stops working, no power on/charge led lit.
                            4. I took EC file from bios update and trim 32bytes, the same version it was in bios (I took a photo of info in bios before pulling off the motherboard) wrote the file into EC then power off motherboard. Waited few minutes an power on motherboard, power on/charge led lit. Moved the 10k resistor to pull down.
                            5. schematics IS WRONG! TP1 IS REVERSED WITH TP5.
                            Hello, can you explain how to find the MEC-Image in an bios update? And how I trim it correct. I can read the CHIP ID, but after verifying the checksum is 0 and RT809H says it is encrypted.
                            I have downloaded an bios update for LINUX, which contain 2 cab files. One is an bin for EC with 760kb , which is to much for an MEC1633.

Comment

So it means Svod 3/4 connect to 192kb area, but it is required to connect with 256kb area, which RT809H do (if you not choose ISP).

I wonder if it is possible to force OEM update tool to push full 256kb flash, as it contents this part of memory for MEC..

There is no other JTAG DIY tool to read and write this MEC area?
                              Buying RT809H for repair of 3 laptops per year is kind of overpayment..

Comment

Hi Please Help me Lenovo P52 EP520-NM-B562 Rev 1.0
                                Pull up resistor place? R577 replace R600 ?
                                JTAG enable short 0 ohm resistor R661 R662 R663 R664 ?
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by dani981; 03-24-2023, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rbvndonh View Post
                                  So it means Svod 3/4 connect to 192kb area, but it is required to connect with 256kb area, which RT809H do (if you not choose ISP).

I wonder if it is possible to force OEM update tool to push full 256kb flash, as it contents this part of memory for MEC..

There is no other JTAG DIY tool to read and write this MEC area?
                                  Buying RT809H for repair of 3 laptops per year is kind of overpayment..
                                  I do it with RT809F, wich is 3X more cheaper

Comment

Hello. Need some help and idea. X1 carbon 7 generation. Needed remove bios pasword. Try read mec1633 with RT809 but not sucefuull, chip maybe locked. So i try erase, all ok. But now dont have EC dump. Try write latest bios update EC file from lenovo suport, but laptop dont turn any more. I edit ec file, try compare from other same ec dump, size and adress location same. So my edited dump i hope are okey. When i try write dump i verification not ok. It ok for mec?
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 69d0b913 View Post
                                      this is not a valid serial
                                      What did you do to have the file read
                                      I see it but the file is empty

Comment

Originally posted by 69d0b913 View Post
                                        You don't need a resistor, just jump and read it, if you couldn't read it, you can extract the EC from the original file and then just flash the MEC16xx, nothing more than that. After the procedure you will have to write all the machine information such as the serial number of the machine board and a few more things. Some machines can't read the MEC16xx just write, I had this same experience on a T14 thinkpad, I discovered it after 3 weeks of attempts, so I just wrote it I used the same way I described it above and then I was successful.
                                        PC-1ZK52X
                                        20T3-SAG200

I want the file if possible
                                        Can it be shipped because the original file comes empty and I cannot read it

Comment

Originally posted by stylius View Post
                                          Hello. Need some help and idea. X1 carbon 7 generation. Needed remove bios pasword. Try read mec1633 with RT809 but not sucefuull, chip maybe locked. So i try erase, all ok. But now dont have EC dump. Try write latest bios update EC file from lenovo suport, but laptop dont turn any more. I edit ec file, try compare from other same ec dump, size and adress location same. So my edited dump i hope are okey. When i try write dump i verification not ok. It ok for mec?
                                          Solved with vertinanov jig.

Comment

Working...
                                          X