Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by markwm View Post
    Hi, thanks for your help. I've tried writing that to the chip. Once written I've tried to verify and get the following

Verify memory...
    Verification error on address: 00000019
    Execution time: 00:00:00

Laptop still won't respond when I tried to boot. No beeps, no lights, nothing.

I think I may have broken something but not sure what. Could it be the bios chip is fried?

Not sure where I've gone wrong. I dumped the original 3 times and compared them, they're all fine.

I've successfully patched the original.

I've tried programming the chip with the patched bios, the original bios, other patched bios's from this forum but I get nothing...
    Hi All

I've used CH321A with AsProgrammer...
    You mean CH341a.
    Which version of AsProgrammer exactly?
    CH341a is not the best tool for the job, but you can try these:
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...3&postcount=21
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
      You mean CH341a.
      Which version of AsProgrammer exactly?
      CH341a is not the best tool for the job, but you can try these:
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...3&postcount=21
      Hi, yes I do mean CH341a. I've tried a few different versions of AsProgrammer including

1.4.0 (someone advised that one)

I've tried NeoProgrammer V2.2.0.8

I've also tried SkyGz CH341a Programmer V1.18

Colibri is the one I haven't but is it really going to be down to the software?

Comment

Hi, yes I do mean CH341a. I've tried a few different versions of AsProgrammer including

1.4.0 (someone advised that one)

I've tried NeoProgrammer V2.2.0.8

I've also tried SkyGz CH341a Programmer V1.18

Colibri is the one I haven't but is it really going to be down to the software?
        I use CH341a exclusively under Ubuntu or Debian.
        And never had any problems.

sudo flashrom -p ch341a_spi -c W25Q64.V -r /Path/To/Dump_01.bin

Comment

Lenovo T450, unlocker worked perfect 1st time. Many Thanks

Comment

So, having tried everything Windows has to offer I'm now trying with Linux.

Flashrom gives me the following though:

Code:
            Using clock_gettime for delay loops (clk_id: 1, resolution: 1ns).
            Found Winbond flash chip "W25Q128.V" (16384 kB, SPI) on ch341a_spi.
            Reading old flash chip contents... done.
            Erasing and writing flash chip... FAILED at 0x00000000! Expected=0xff, Found=0x00, failed byte count from 0x00000000-0x00000fff: 0xa57
            ERASE FAILED!
            Reading current flash chip contents... done. Looking for another erase function.
            FAILED at 0x00000000! Expected=0xff, Found=0x00, failed byte count from 0x00000000-0x00007fff: 0x4a68
            ERASE FAILED!
            Reading current flash chip contents... done. Looking for another erase function.
            FAILED at 0x00000000! Expected=0xff, Found=0x00, failed byte count from 0x00000000-0x0000ffff: 0x88a8
            ERASE FAILED!
            FAILED at 0x00000000! Expected=0xff, Found=0x00, failed byte count from 0x00000000-0x00ffffff: 0x8d0c58
            ERASE FAILED!
            FAILED at 0x00000001! Expected=0xff, Found=0x00, failed byte count from 0x00000000-0x00ffffff: 0x951344
            ERASE FAILED!
            Looking for another erase function.
            No usable erase functions left.
            FAILED!
            Uh oh. Erase/write failed. Checking if anything has changed.
            Reading current flash chip contents... done.
            Apparently at least some data has changed.
            Your flash chip is in an unknown state.
            Any ideas guys?
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-27-2022, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Hello Guys. I need a bios clean and with no password for Lenovo Thinkpad Carbon X1 Gen6

Comment

@manutran
                You need to read original BIOS, then patch it, do the unlock procedure and then program chip with original bios.

Comment

Originally posted by manutran View Post
                  Hello Guys. I need a bios clean and with no password for Lenovo Thinkpad Carbon X1 Gen6
                  All the instructions are at post #1 .
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hello everyone,

Any chance that this auto-patcher might be compliant with laptop models like T14s ?
                    I'm able to gather a backup from the BIOS chip using a SOIC-8 clamp.

I will try the auto-patcher first, but I'm totally open for your suggestions on these 10th generation models.

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by simkard View Post
                      Hello everyone,

Any chance that this auto-patcher might be compliant with laptop models like T14s ?
                      I'm able to gather a backup from the BIOS chip using a SOIC-8 clamp.

I will try the auto-patcher first, but I'm totally open for your suggestions on these 10th generation models.

Thanks !
                      From post #1 Quote: "Lenovo machines up to the 8th generation " .

Find a T14s thread to post in,if there isn`t one then start your own thread.
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                        From post #1 Quote: "Lenovo machines up to the 8th generation " .

Find a T14s thread to post in,if there isn`t one then start your own thread.
                        Hello SMDFlea,

I know that this auto-patcher seems to be limited to 8th generation, but I was hoping that "maybe", by chance, it might work similarly on 10th generation BIOS contents.

So if I understand correctly, for now the answer is "maybe not" unfortunately.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

can you help i have a problem with the script ????
                          c

Comment

how to patch 8,9,10th gen laptops am using patch 0.2 motherboard is no display

Comment

So, having tried everything Windows has to offer I'm now trying with Linux.

Flashrom gives me the following though:

Code:
                              Using clock_gettime for delay loops (clk_id: 1, resolution: 1ns).
                              Found Winbond flash chip "W25Q128.V" (16384 kB, SPI) on ch341a_spi.
                              Reading old flash chip contents... done.
                              Erasing and writing flash chip... FAILED at 0x00000000! Expected=0xff, Found=0x00, failed byte count from 0x00000000-0x00000fff: 0xa57
                              ERASE FAILED!
                              FAILED at 0x00000000! Expected=0xff, Found=0x00, failed byte count from 0x00000000-0x00007fff: 0x4a68
                              ERASE FAILED!
                              FAILED at 0x00000000! Expected=0xff, Found=0x00, failed byte count from 0x00000000-0x0000ffff: 0x88a8
                              ERASE FAILED!
                              FAILED at 0x00000000! Expected=0xff, Found=0x00, failed byte count from 0x00000000-0x00ffffff: 0x8d0c58
                              ERASE FAILED!
                              FAILED at 0x00000001! Expected=0xff, Found=0x00, failed byte count from 0x00000000-0x00ffffff: 0x951344
                              ERASE FAILED!
                              No usable erase functions left.
                              FAILED!
                              Uh oh. Erase/write failed. Checking if anything has changed.
                              Reading current flash chip contents... done.
                              Apparently at least some data has changed.
                              Your flash chip is in an unknown state.
                              Any ideas guys?
                              The error message can come from the clip not sitting properly.
                              Reconnect the clip and try again.
                              Otherwise there is a possibility that the chip is defective, which rarely happens, the things are otherwise quite robust.

Good luck ...

Comment

Would it be possible to remove password and computrace from this bios dump? I tried auto patcher but it doesn't work with file that i dumped. I get a checksum error then it restores the original data.
                                Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

@richdee23
                                  You should pay attention to the error, I suggest to READ chip and SAVE it, do this 3 times and then compare that all 3 files are exactly the same. If you use WinRAR you can compress all 3 files, open the compressed file and at the far right there’s a column named CRC32, if the values of all 3 files are the same, that means the files are identical.
                                  Are you using CH341A programmer? If so, try using Colibri software with it.

Supervisor Password and CompuTrace setting is not stored in bios dump, that’s why it’s important to have a good bios backup as you will use this file to complete the procedure, the patched file is used temporarily just to perform the unlock.

Comment

I did a CRC32 check with winrar and out of 4 copies i've extracted they all match when using my CH341A programmer. So after i create the dump of my bios whats next? This is my first time doing this

Comment

@richdee23
                                      Read post #1 of this thread, you may now be able to patch one of the verified bios copies. What’s your ThinkPad model and bios dump size?

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                                        @richdee23
                                        Read post #1 of this thread, you may now be able to patch one of the verified bios copies. What's your ThinkPad model and bios dump size?
                                        I have a Lenovo P1 20MD

The file size is 8mb. I attached it in the post above.

Comment

Lenovo T540P and W541 bios password.

Have 2 bios chip. Which chip should I patch??

Comment

Working...
                                          X