LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Hi. Have Lenovo E495 Ryzen Cpu based laptop . after patching and reprogramming just black screen. Can anyone take a look please?
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Hi everyone have Lenovo x1 Yoga 4th and 7th gen bios locked. both after after patching and flashing back turning on then off ahd then continuous beeping with black screen. rebooting, waiting, pressing buttons=0 reaction.
      Did Lenovo x1 Yoga 6th gen and it worked like a charm.
      Please help and thank you in advance

Comment

Hi,

please help, Lenovo L560 bios password - python does not work for me.

bios patch please.

Comment

Hello!
          Thank You very much it's work perfectly with 7th generation thinkpad 13 Type 20J2

Comment

Originally posted by zmp3 View Post
            Hi,

please help, Lenovo L560 bios password - python does not work for me.

bios patch please.
            try this https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=181
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

My phyton error:

C:\Python>autopatch l560_pass.bin
              File "C:\Python22\patch\autopatch.py", line 99
              with open(source_file, 'rb') as f:
              ^
              SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Comment

My phyton error:

C:\Python>autopatch l560_pass.bin
                File "C:\Python22\patch\autopatch.py", line 99
                with open(source_file, 'rb') as f:
                ^
                SyntaxError: invalid syntax
                Tried renaming the file to bios.bin
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

still the same bad

Comment

still the same bad
                    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                    Thanks to all supporters.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                      Thank you very much

Comment

hi
                        lenovo x280 Intel 8th gen bios passworded.
                        have read the chip several times, gave me same md5.
                        here is one of the original bios dump...

could you please verify that this file is indeed not corrupted ?
                        and also would you please provide me the patched version ?
                        thanks a lot.

I have tried using Lenovo patcher in the first page, after flashing the patched file laptop became unable to turn on. Reverting to original dump doesn't restore the laptop functionality either....

Comment

Originally posted by ss45 View Post
                          hi
                          lenovo x280 Intel 8th gen bios passworded.
                          have read the chip several times, gave me same md5.
                          here is one of the original bios dump...

could you please verify that this file is indeed not corrupted ?
                          and also would you please provide me the patched version ?
                          thanks a lot.

I have tried using Lenovo patcher in the first page, after flashing the patched file laptop became unable to turn on. Reverting to original dump doesn't restore the laptop functionality either....
                          Try clear ME patched file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Try clear ME patched file.
                            Wow thanks.. btw coul you please point out which me file to choose ?

NPDM ? YPDM ?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by ss45; 02-18-2022, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ss45 View Post
                              Wow thanks.. btw coul you please point out which me file to choose ?

NPDM ? YPDM ?
                              I usually choose NPDM.

Comment

I usually choose NPDM.
                                Thank you.

Btw this BIOS image was pulled from the same board.
                                Why would I need to clear me region ?

Isn't it the case if only I change PCH or flashing bios from other mainboard(same model of course ) ?

Have you ever found yourself in this situation ?
                                Last edited by ss45; 02-18-2022, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Please help patch attached dump. I am having issues running python under cmd. Thanks

Comment

Hi All,

I have a thinkpad T480S, bios has supervisor password so i can't boot Linux from a USB etc.

I have a "KeeYees SOP8 SOIC8 Test Clip for EEPROM 25CXX / 24CXX + CH341A 24 25 Series EEPROM Flash BIOS USB Programmer"

I have identified the U49 chip on the board (eight pins on it).

Can I confirm these things before I proceed.

1. I am targeting the right chip - it's the U49
                                    2. Do I need to power down the computer - disconnect all batteries etc ?
                                    3. Have I got the basic process correct, download original firmware 3 times to verify a good backup, then patch with script, then re-flash with the patch i created in the previous step.

That right?

Thanks for this tool - seems solid by the replies in this post,

bb

Comment

is this work on l480

Comment

Originally posted by Knucklegrumble View Post
                                        If you mean after switching the DXE drivers, it uses UEFIReplace to inject them, so that takes care of rebuilding the binary image.

Now since you mention the checksum... Initially to verify that the image obtained using the autopatcher was the same as the one I'd manually patch I compared them using checksum and windiff but they never came up identical so I was concerned that the one generated through the script would not work. Turns out that when I patch a file manually using UEFITool I replace the 2 DXE drivers at the same time and let the program do it's thing in one pass. UEFIReplace however can only replace one driver at the time and it rebuilds the binary after each substitution. That somehow causes a few bytes to be different. I have tried replacing one driver at the time with UEFITool, save it reopen it and replace the other one and the resulting file is identical to the one generated by the autopatcher.
                                        Good evening can you help me I have a lenovo X1 carbon 11246-1 LGS-1 MB which has a bios password can you patch it please

Comment

Originally posted by Alassane View Post
                                          Good evening can you help me I have a lenovo X1 carbon 11246-1 LGS-1 MB which has a bios password can you patch it please
                                          you can help me please

Comment

Working...
                                          X