Intel DH87RL issue with ram slots 1 and 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel DH87RL issue with ram slots 1 and 3

Hi, I need some help with my motherboard. the ram slots 1 and 3 stopped working, I have verified that all the lines to the processor socket are making good contact using the multimeter on diode scale.

I have tried with another processor and the motherboard still does not recognize the ram in slots 1 and 3

I have verified
    VREF 0.74v
    VCC 1.5V
    CKE 1.19V
    +VTTDDR 0.74V
    CLOCK 3.4V
    DATA 3.4V
    3V
    DDRSAPU 3V

I have compared the voltages using the slots that work, but I still can't find the problem

Re: Intel DH87RL issue with ram slots 1 and 3

Have these slots worked for you in the past?

Was anything changed that led to this issue?

Are you on the latest bios for this motherboard?

Does the ram being tested work in other slots?

Comment

Have these slots worked for you in the past?
      yes, slots 1 and 3 worked

Was anything changed that led to this issue?
      no, all slots were in use, slots 1 and 3 suddenly stopped working

Are you on the latest bios for this motherboard?
      currently not, when the ram slots failed I had the bios updated to the latest version, but I bought a xeon e3-1220 v3 to verify that it was not the processor and with the last bios the processor did not work so I had to do a downgrade to version 0320 and the xeon started working on the motherboard, recently I did the test trying to update the bios but it won't let me update

Does the ram being tested work in other slots?
      yes

Comment

Ok. Any chance these ram sticks have onboard LEDs that may help us here? Think that is a good idea as they show that voltage rails are ok on the slot.

Any chance that you have schematics / boardview files for your logic board? Please post them if you do.

Alternatively, have you inspected with the power OFF, meter in resistance mode, the resistance to ground for each coil onboard this logic board ? Issue appears to be local to these slots.

Since the slots worked before this incident, the BIOS is not a factor. You have removed the usual CR2032 coin cell battery to force the BIOS to load factory safe mode defaults for the logic board ? That is recommended in case something quirky is being retained in the configuration space of the BIOS ram.

Comment

The ram sticks do not have LEDs, to know if they were powered I had to measure the capacitors that the module has

I don't have the boardview or schematic to know what each pin does. I had to use a boardview from another board as are the memory slots, it should work the same as long as the motherboard is ddr3

No, just with the diode scale multimeter, all the measurements I did on the ram slots, I didn't find any short

Yes, I have removed the cr2032 battery, it still does not recognize the ram

I am attaching the boardview that I am using

MOD Edit: Asrock b85m Boardview moved to new thread - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=122724
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-24-2023, 06:27 AM.

Comment

the problem is weird, if I put one ram stick in slot 1 or 3, the motherboard does not recognize the ram stick, I recently did the test by putting ram memories in slots 1 and 3 and the motherboard worked, put all the ram and the motherboard works

I think that while measuring the ram slots, I did a little force on the pins of the slot, because previously if I put ram sticks in slots 1 and 3 the motherboard would give me 3 beeps
            Attached Files

Comment

So the board is working?

We recall a similar case where the board demanded a specific combination of memory and had to be in a specific order for the ram slots. It seems your board is behaving the same.

While it is running, update your bios to the latest. This may allow you to use different combinations of memory.

Comment

hi i need this model intel DH87RL bios bin file.send me .thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kalimuthu View Post
                  hi i need this model intel DH87RL bios bin file.send me .thanks
                  Post your request in the Desktop PC bios requests sub forum here -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
                  X