Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea about this IRDA T-862 ++ Rework station?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea about this IRDA T-862 ++ Rework station?

It's IRDA T-862 ++
    SMD and BGA Rework station if anyone can tell if it is an acceptable machine, would you recommend or what you think.thank you
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-16-2021, 04:26 AM.

Re: Any idea about this Rework station?

OK for phones I think, but too small and under powered for laptop, console and TV mainboards.

Comment

Thanks diif there is a pretty cheap one I thought maybe buy if it does not fit I sell

Comment

You'd be better off buying a decent hot air station and a preheater.

Comment

Re: Any idea about this IRDA T-862 ++ Rework station?

what do you suggest for preheater for those i find it is air preheater. tank you

Comment

Originally posted by bohaboha View Post
            what do you suggest for preheater for those i find it is air preheater. tank you
            Search for Gordak 853 on Aliexpress.

Comment

hello @bohaboja and hello fakes Guru's (fake Guru's=guys that give advice without know about it speaking... but... give advice !)

let see bojaboja... the "IRDA T-862 ++" is a garbage clone of another much more expensive garbage... manufactured by PDR. PDR is an English (Indian I think) manufacturer that claim awards (for what... I don't understand) from "prestigious" I don't know what non qualify entity for his super mega hiper 2018 Global Technology Award https://www.pdr-rework.com/e6-global-award

In 2012-2013 I want to buy one piece of this PDR shit. I study it in detail, I know what I speaking.

PDR claim awards, PDR claim patents, PDR claim high fidelity rework profiles, PDR claim accuracy, PDR don't claim that it manufacture the worst approach for a halogen bulb that emit NIR, SWIR, MWIR (Google is your friend if you don't know what it mean). PDR don't claim that even are incapable of understand the rework process, it give courses ! About... what ?! I think that can be about how you can't solder a BGA ! enough for the moment with PDR, let speak about IRDA T-862++ and about fake Guru's

A fake Guru ( @diif ) say... "OK for phones I think, but too small and under powered for laptop, console and TV mainboards." the guy... are "Badcaps Veteran"... until 2014, live in England (civilized country with few exception for example... PDR), the guy is a "Profesional Tech" (a shame for the word profesional) and... 5.478 posts on badcaps forum (I think only aberrations...). Well... you can bet that the guy... know what it speaking...

Nothing more wrong.

The guy... don't know Physics (You'd be better off buying a decent hot air station and a preheater) don't know Math, don't know the base of... electronics but give advice. The guy... make affirmations about what you can buy without any argument.

Upsss... I made an affirmation ! Nobles oblige ! Lets argument this affirmation.

Both, PDR and T-862 use an infame, Chines Osram clone halogen bulb "gold" plated reflector. But... when Osram use to plate the reflector real 24K gold, well... the Chinese clone use "gold color" Rhodium I think reflector. Gold in InfraRed have the reflectance about 98%, Rhodium it have the reflectance about 75% (the Chinese reflector bulb it heating like a hell...) and loose about 20% of optical (InfraRed) power.

It have enough power a Chinese halogen reflector to heat a large BGA (even it heating like a hell) ?! Let find this... together.

For this purpose, today, I've stolen from my company a 4 years old (alpha stage prototipe) of what will be... Phoenix M next year. If my boss will know... will kill me. I mount it here on my small electronics laboratory that I have in my home and I make and document some tests. I attach some images, more images on my subject about BGA Rework Stations here https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98082

On the images you will see temperatures, voltage, amps, room temperature and some pretty InfraRed camera images .

Top temperature after 3 minutes was around 150 Celsius degrees, only top heater not with bottom heater, a clasic BGA around 35/35mm square shape. Voltage vas around 12V and amp was around 5A that mean... 60W. I don't give it full power because on my home I have only 5 amp power supply. let make some math.

If at 60W, Chinese halogen bulb, can heat this BGA at 150 Celsius degrees in 3 minute (I let it to reach highest posible temperature, it reach 130 Celsius in one minute and half 180 seconds) well... mean 0.72 Celsius degrees / second. Pretty well (most BGA manufacturers recommends under 3 Celsius degrees / second , never you will heat a BGA with more than 1.5 Celsius degrees / second). If we consider that the 150W, that it have max power this garbage, well... 150W are with 2.5 X (times) bigger.

As a consequence / analogy we can multiply the max temperature with 2.5, 150 X 2.5= 375 Celsius degrees, same with 0.72 X 2.5 = 1.8 Celsius degrees / second. But... I can tell you from our experience that this garbage halogen reflector bulb when are underpowered... the optical power in NIR,SWIR are small when you give it max power it can be even 10 X (times) grater that at 60 wats consumed power.

Affirmations demonstrated. Yes, with this garbage halogen reflector you can heat... a normal BGA about 50/50mm, even... a 30/30mm BGA with metalic top you can heat it.

This was the good news. Now... The bad news...Nor PDR and less T-862 control this bulb. At least PDR with his super mega hiper wrongs rework profiles try to not pass (is afraid) the burning limits... because this bulb is very dangerous on popcorning BGA if you are passed the limits . The T-862 have no control on this bulb and as consequence... well almost every time you will have a... popcorn BGA

BTW... Did you know... that the T-862 it have more power with... same bulb ?! Did you know... why ?! No. Well... is simple, PDR use 6 o 7 stupid lenses (the optician that think this bullshit need to be euthanized or promoted...) and a stupid LongPass filter to cut the visible radiation and leave to pass only the InfraRed. Well in the lens loose about 30% of IR power and in LongPass filter another 20% (by the way... we loose on our filter about 2.8%... but it cost like 5 X T-862 ) Total that loose PDR in power is more than 50%. T-862 use only one lens and no LongPass filter, that mean that loose about 10% of initial power .

Conclusions... Yes, you have enough power to burn any BGA with T-862 due to the fact that you have no control against temperature.

@diif... stay away if it possible from BGA Rework Station subjects, at least until you will understand / learn the subject and... keep same attitude with electronics, somebody will tank you fake's Guru's... exist more that is needed on this... internet.

BTW... I'm the boss, I didn't steal anything, I just threatened to fire some colleagues tomorrow if they don't find for me one alpha stage prototype of our future Phoenix.

P.D. In the general image you have an example with a bottom heater... As Good commands to be uniform heated a... PCB
              Attached Files

Comment

Guru, not me, my professional experience is IT. I'm straight, no asking a question when you you were really here to spam.
                I do carry out a reflow/reball on average once a week.
                My customers thank me, keep your bullshit opinion to yourself.

Comment

Working...
                X