Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oscilliscopes

Originally posted by a45lkajertag View Post
    if you're in a first world country and when they broke you just throw it to bin and buy another last day's one.
    people in "first world countries" are not as well off as you think.
    we have thieving governments taxing and stealing everything from us.
    thats why we buy everything from china / ali-express.
    not to save money, but because we dont have much choice.

western world now is rich criminals in government and peoples growing poorer every month.

Comment

Re: Oscilliscopes

Originally posted by COSMOS2k View Post
      Hello friends:

Siglent was the Chinese brand that I liked the most, but a failure in the firmware of their arbitrary generators has made me never buy this brand again, since I warned them about it and they never heeded my warnings, but they did about more banal things and without importance.

I usually repair and calibrate a lot of measurement equipment, from multimeters to spectrum analyzers, signal generators and many more related to RF and other measurement fields.

For years I have observed the Owon brand, and honestly they are the ones who never exaggerate in their ads, you buy what you see and do not feel cheated, with a better price than other brands. I prefer them even better than Rigol, who a few years ago manufactured and sold a large number of oscilloscopes with a faulty trigger and never made it public despite claims from only a few of its buyers.

I have quite a few bad experiences with Chinese equipment, if they are junk that you will never have a service manual or spare parts or parts, if there are any on the market, these Chinese brands will never serve you. On the other hand, these Chinese measuring devices do not comply with the regulations of your country, that is why they are sold in small quantities so as not to incur illegalities that can cost them expensive, if these Chinese devices are junk, and cannot be compared with HP / Agilent / Keysight, Tektronix, Lecroy, Rohde & Schwarz etc. Of these brand equipment can be found for quite good prices and fully operational, with a precision superior to Chinese scrap.

This is just my opinion as an electronics professional, which sometimes may not coincide with a member of this great forum, so there will always be different opinions, but any professional in the field will tell you the same as me.

Sorry for my English.

Greetings.

Comment

Working...
      X