Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung un50nu7100f dark screen right most side.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung un50nu7100f dark screen right most side.

Has anyone out there run into screen dark on right most side on a Samsung un50nu7100f. I had half screen at first replaced the strips and back light is lit really good, actually it's brighter than left side when u lift the panel.I assume the panel is toast?
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung un50nu7100f dark screen right most side.

One thing you can check is if the leds are all lit, (there are 2 sections on each strip), make sure the thick clear panel is reinstalled exactly as it came out. Flipping it or reversing it will cause the screen to be brighter in one section.

Comment

Thanks handsworth :Yes i double checked the clear panel and even flipped it with same results.The amount of light on back seems to be even.

Comment

Hi looks like a bad panel, if your backlights are good for sure, then a temporary fix will be to remove all those gate coffs on the dark side of panel, eventually you will have to replace the screen

Comment

Not exactly sure what u mean.I assume isolate pins from display cable that are shorted.
          Last edited by sputnikoff; 11-11-2021, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chopdre View Post
            Hi looks like a bad panel, if your backlights are good for sure, then a temporary fix will be to remove all those gate coffs on the dark side of panel, eventually you will have to replace the screen
            Well, this is terrible. I never expected Samsung to have these issues!
            Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 11-12-2021, 03:48 AM.
            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I have done this before, panel is faulty, either temporary fix or source a new panel. Once you are certain your back-lights are OK, remove those (Gate Coffs), small cables at the side of the panel that is the darkest (tear them off) fault is in the panel. Screens are not lasting anymore, big company rip-offs. can only be done on 4k panels with gate coffs on both sides of the screen. remember from the "dark side of panel" make sure tv is off.

Comment

Thanks chopdre:Yes i removed them from darkside and picture improved greatly.I will post before and after pics shortly,thanks again for your help.

Comment

Pics from before and after.Removed the tabs on panel 6 of them.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Anyone know where I can find info about the same model tv but screen flickering

Comment

Working...
                    X