Nvidia GT320 undetected.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia GT320 undetected.

So, I found a Nvidia GT320 1GB DDR3 card on the side of the road, and now I'm in this forum.

Cleaned it up -- the heatsink was completely full of gunk so there is a chance it has overheated and the GPU is fried. Obviously it's worth very little, but I have a project with no onboard video so this little card would be useful.

Have tried it in two different motherboards, same behaviour: fan spins but the card is undetected. No obviously burned out components or damage.

Following dicky96's youtube videos -- many thanks -- I've checked the resistances and voltages, which seem to be fine. Looks like Vram is 1.5V and Vcore is 1.0V.

With the heatsink off the gpu quickly gets quite hot, and after less than a minute the fan noticeably speeds up. Assuming it is the gpu bios that monitors temperature and contols the fan (?), this suggests to me the bios is okay.

I don't have an oscilloscope, but using my multimeter I have watched pin 1 on the bios chip go high (3.3V) and stay high, with no fluctuation whatsoever. This leads me to believe the gpu is not querying the bios at all.

The PCIe reset signal goes high (3.3V) and stays high. I traced it to what looks like some logic transistors near the GPU, but that's about as far as I can go -- it becomes a jungle of SMD components so I can't get very far by checking connectivity.

Any suggestions for what else I can try are much appreciated.
Working...
X