Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell U2410 - how to open?

Hi,
    I have a Dell U2410 that silently went dark as I plugged it into a DisplayPort. I have heard rumours that the unit can blow a fuse and I would like to open it up to check if this is the case, but I cannot work out how to crack it open.

I have searched forum and found pictures of its innards, but no instructions on how to get to them. Even Google has nothing to say on the matter.

So my question is: How do I open the U2410 without damaging the case?

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Russ.

Re: Dell U2410 - how to open?

I assume its out of warranty

does it look anything like this - most screen are usually just clips once you get the stand off

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles...klight_fix.htm
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Nope, nothing like that. No slots, cracks, gaps or spaces where a prying instrument can get it. This is my last Dell monitor. If they are going to make stuff that can't be repaired, then I am going to find stuff that can be. It is immoral.

Comment

Very similar to your dell
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZE_R8CPtM0

Comment

Hello

This is the way how I opened my U2410f rev A05 some days ago.

Power off monitor.
          Remove support leg.
          Remove the 4 Philips screws which are located on the back side of the monitor.
          On the front side of the front frame where the Dell logo is located direction from the inner part side clamp with your four fingers and carefully pull the frame towards LCD panel.
          Remove the whole frame.
          Disconnect the two connectors from the front frame.
          Put the towel on a desk and put the LCD panel on the towel.
          Remove the support screws from D-SUB, DVI connectors.
          On the 4 corners of the monitor where the front frame was you can found now 4 holes.
          Put carefully a flat screw driver into the hole 5mm max.
          Start to lift up the back frame meanwhile focus on the 4 RCA connectors which can stack the frame...
          Use a 2nd screw driver to lift the frame on other corner also.

This way you can open your monitor without any scratch on plastic frames.

Cheers, G

Comment

Glad I found #Griffmadar response as I needed to open mine. Thanks for posting.

The only difference I came across was
            • Removing the bexel required a kind of slight twisting motion from the inside of the bezel
            • that I didnt need to remove the support screws for the VGA and DVI connectors.
            be careful of the connectors on the lower right side (for the power switch and touch buttons). On one monitor there was enough slack to be able to reach the clips the gently remove the connector from the bezel mounted board. On another monitor, there was no slack length of cable to the touch buttons and just levering the bezel, pulled the connector apart (no damage done).

All this was done was because 1 monitor had the power on issue (hit the button multiple times, remove ac cord and press power button, etc) and the other monitor powered on at any time, but had a cracked LCD.

C

Comment

Working...
            X