JVC 49cf890 - Fire TV - no picture but sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JVC 49cf890 - Fire TV - no picture but sound

This is just a hobby for me. So there is no fun for me in board swapping. But I understand others are here just to find out what board to replace to get their TV's working again.
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
      This is just a hobby for me. So there is no fun for me in board swapping. But I understand others are here just to find out what board to replace to get their TV's working again.
      same as me then, just a hobby i also like saving stuff from landfills any repaired items i pass on to family or freinds and just charge them for any parts ive had too buy.

Comment

So, it is not the main board The new one arrived yesterday but it is still the same.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
          post 2 picture 3 under the ribbon cable connector there is a fuse marked N what votage do you get on each side of that one meter lead on metal tv chassis then test voltage each side.
          Will check this when i find some free time

Comment

Originally posted by Dobsuk View Post
            Will check this when i find some free time
            Im pretty sure you will find its fine though atleast you have ruled a bad mainboard out. So now because you only get a flash of back lights i think that may need to be your next check have you got a back light tester? can you post some good clear pictures of the backlight connector on the power supply as you maybe able too check the voltage there with a multi meter.
            This maybe the schematic for you board but there are a few revisions of this psu
            Attached Files
            Last edited by vinceroger69; 11-25-2021, 04:34 AM.

Comment

From here on out it will likely be component level repair.

Comment

Im pretty sure you will find its fine though atleast you have ruled a bad mainboard out. So now because you only get a flash of back lights i think that may need to be your next check have you got a back light tester? can you post some good clear pictures of the backlight connector on the power supply as you maybe able too check the voltage there with a multi meter.
                Actually i do not get backlight flash only. The backligiht is working and i can see it from the back holes. Unfortuanetlly cannot upload video as this forum does not accept .mp4 video formats. I wll upload clear photo of the backlight connector in few mins....

Comment

Ok, here we go and some photos of the backlight connector. I believe that should be:

I have got -123V on that connector and maybe you can see that the backlight is on.
                  Attached Files

Comment

post 2 picture 3 under the ribbon cable connector there is a fuse marked N what votage do you get on each side of that one meter lead on metal tv chassis then test voltage each side.
                    12.3V both ends on that fuse

Comment

I can feel that part here is getting very hot:
                      Attached Files

Comment

You will need to start checking voltages and for shorts.

Comment

I checked all resistors - all looks good except that R100:

I have got short both ends. Is that resistors also?

Can you advise which voltages i need to check please?

Thanks.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Will need good pictures all along board.

Comment

R100 - 0.1 Om

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

You do not need to check the resistors, but the blocking ceramic capacitors (they should not have low resistance, short circuit). Check what resistance across induktors is relative to gnd.

Comment

Voffe, vone, vcc avvd and test points with voltages marked. All points should have correct voltages. Disconnected those points should not be low ohms from ground to test point.

Comment

And check the resistance between these induktors and gnd.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Voffe - 0V
                                        Vss - 0V

Cannot find Vone and VCC AVD. Found VONE here but not sure which point to measure:

Also found few Vcc point but not AVD.

On this 32V point i have got 0V

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                                          And check the resistance between these induktors and gnd.
                                          2 of them are giving me aproxx 145Ohms and the other 2 nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                          X