Thinkpad l560 bios bin

Re: Thinkpad l560 bios bin

Plzz

Comment

Up

Comment

Lenovo Thinkpad L560 (AILL1/L2 LA-C421P rev:1.0)
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi there,

Quick question, is it possible to remove a BIOS pwd with this dump?

Thanks!

Comment

merci b

Comment

Rebuild broken UEFI/BIOS for Lenovo L560

Hi,

Can someone help me rebuild my BIOS?

During bios update the computer shut down and have not been able to boot since.

I have desoldered the bios chip and saved a backup of what was on it.

I have tried loading several bios images i have found, but without luck. Some results in black screen and 100% fan speed. Other results in the computer just lighting the power button, as if it was, on but nothing else happens.

I did try to rebuild my bios dump, using UEFITOOL and the bios update file for the same version as my bios was, without luck. I am not very experienced in rebuilding bios or playing around with UEFITOOL.
              Mostly limited to removing passwords.

For each try, i did also read the data out of the chip after programming it, to validate that everything was written correctly.

Please help me out, and if you now of a good guide of how to rebuild/play around with UEFI, please let me know
              Attached Files
              Last edited by [l3go]psycho viking; 06-29-2020, 09:59 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Comment

Re: Rebuild broken UEFI/BIOS for Lenovo L560

Will this help?
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUbG740BDYQ

Comment

Thanks, but i don’t think i am experienced enough to understand what to do with it.

From looking into my dump, i can see that the ME version is the newest, but when trying to use MEAnalyzer it fails, which tells me that the computer crashed during the ME flash.

Looking into the bios version, i can see that this is a lot older version, telling me that the computer did not get started flashing the BIOS region.

Though i am not sure about above at all, and if my thinking is correct.
                  I would be very grateful for some inputs before programming the chip again, as i have been de- and resoldering the chips so many times now, that the soldering pads are beginning to get “tired of me”

When trying to flash with a full BIOS dump from another system, and it does not work, is that because of conflicts with KBC? From what i can see, the BIOS and ME is in the same chip, at least on this laptop.

Does my laptop model use KBC?

I have also tried using Hex editor to replace the entire bios region and ME region, to be sure that the versions og each plays well, and correcting the SN and windows product code.

Still, no luck.

Is it possible that i just need to find a clean ME image in the right version and replace the ME region in my BIOS dump?
                  I figure that the right ME version will not be the one in my current dump, but the one that should match the older bios?

Sorry, a lot of questions. I hope i don’t confuse anyone. I am just trying to understand what i am playing with..
                  Last edited by [l3go]psycho viking; 06-29-2020, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bachir2004 View Post
                    Ok, i gave it a shot, after seeing the video.
                    I found the correct older ME version and used the Bios Image Tool to vreate a new version of my bios, replacing the ME section with the clean one, but without luck.

2 solder pads are loose now, arrrghh

Comment

try the first one and see.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot for your time, though it did not work. I have given up on the motherboard. Wasted too much time on it now.

Comment

Hello together,

i have tried many bios files but with all of them i get black screen and fan spinning 100%.
                          With the native Bios i got 5 beeps.
                          Does anyone have another bios files for me to try?

Comment

post your original backup

Comment

thanks
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-20-2021, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Hi,

have the same problem... Thinkpad L560 Model 20F1-001YGE. When i flash the file (with success) i get only blank screen and Fan turning at full speed. The Lenovo Files are only FL1 Files which i could not directly use i guess... Does anyone have the matching BIN File for this machine ? I do not have a backup of the original BIOS/UEFI file

Comment

Originally posted by mgutzeit View Post
                                  Hi,

have the same problem... Thinkpad L560 Model 20F1-001YGE. When i flash the file (with success) i get only blank screen and Fan turning at full speed. The Lenovo Files are only FL1 Files which i could not directly use i guess... Does anyone have the matching BIN File for this machine ? I do not have a backup of the original BIOS/UEFI file
                                  try this one https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...32&postcount=2
                                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi... Unfortunately this does not work also. Maybe that the board has a bigger problem than the BIOS. The board ist marked with AILL3... Does the BIOS fit to this as well ? i have often seen that the BIOS is matchting the AILL2 version

Comment

Hello,
                                      Need to Cleare my BIOS dump, attached her
                                      the Problem No bootable drive are shown in UEFI,OR Lecacy , usb ,HHD .. etc

PHP Code:
                                      [ATTACH]249581[/ATTACH
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post

Thank you it try this it work 100%

Comment

Working...
                                        X