Denon x1200w Shorted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denon x1200w Shorted

I have a Denon x1200w and had the red blinking light of death. Took it apart, found one of the mosfets on the power board bad, replaced it. And all was well. Except the left channel was distorted and I realized I forgot to adjust the BIAS for that channel. So I take it apart and start to adjust it and my 2 multimeter leads come in contact and I see a spark and a pop and some fun smoke from one of the caps. Now, the mosfet on that channel is bad so I replace that and the cap that blew, however I can't get it to turn on anymore. I'm back to the blinking red light. Any ideas what else I can look at to solve this issue?

Attached an image of the area I shorted. I stuck the leads into the CN550 like an idiot, and the cap directly to the right of it blew.

Thanks for any help.
    Attached Files

Re: Denon x1200w Shorted

My experience with these Denons is that usually the emitter resistors and possible some other passive components go bad when the PT is bad. Don't ask me how I know this, BUT if you only replace the transistor it will product a low volume, typically distorted, and eventually pop and smoke on you in a minute or two. You will need to re-test the power transistors for that channel as well as the passive components in that stage. You may also have blown the driver as well, so test back up the channel.

The wonders of amp repair.

Poncho

Comment

Working...
    X