LG OLED Problem 55EG960V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG OLED Problem 55EG960V

3rd one is the grey one at right? It's all few clear .. which of the top 3 are together from left?
    Which one is short to gnd?
    Last edited by Davi.p; 10-31-2021, 06:12 PM.

Comment

right C606 and C609 are connected on the top pins but not on the bottom ones.

L600 is shorted both sides.
      Samsung UE46D6530
      Samsung BD-F7500
      Samsung HT-ES6200

Comment

Ok no shorts then, The two condensers are not shorted themselves and L600 is an inductor so it must sign 0 ohms. From this particular i see you are not much familiar with eleftronics repair so to avoid too long stories i suggest you to concentrate only on the problem i have told you, if you can manage to get hands on an item like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/403251598415, then you can put the cpu on pressure to test if it is the problem, be aware that i've never tested this method, you must pay attention to put not too much pressure..
        Last edited by Davi.p; 11-10-2021, 06:29 AM.

Comment

hi again sorry its such a late reply.

I have tried what you suggested no change.

could it be the mainboard is in some sort of lock out maybe ?
          Samsung UE46D6530
          Samsung BD-F7500
          Samsung HT-ES6200

Comment

And years later I've found it, maybe the GPU decoder IC. Mine has the same symptoms: menu okay, but playing video shows 'snow'. I gave it a bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 200 degrees C, and it worked for a few hours perfectly. Thinking about it, some CPU (or other) connectors may have been affected by the baking, but on the balance of prob, in my case, I'm thinking GPU IC.

Comment

for 30 minutes at 200 degrees C
              My god..! Total rookie!!.. i figure myself the toxic cloud moving in the quarter.. bleah..

Comment

Working...
              X